Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Konstantin Stadler is the manager and lead researcher of the Industrial Ecology Digital Laboratory at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (NTNU).
Konstantin leads activities in the digital lab:
- Consolidate and refine available digital infrastructure
- Establish code and data exchange standards
- Develop novel analysis tools for the Industrial Ecology Programme
His research focus on the environmental and social consequences of economic activities. He has contributed to the data compilation tasks for building the Environmentally Extended Multi-Regional Input-Output Database EXIOBASE 2 (fp7 project CREEA: Compiling and Refining Environmental and Economic Accounts) and served as a work package leader of the fp7 project DESIRE (Development of a System of Indicators for a Resource Efficient Europe) and GLAMURS (Green Lifestyles, Alternative Models and Upscaling Regional Sustainability). Konstantin also contributes to the EE MRIO application aspects within the fp7 project CARBON CAP (Consumption-based Accounting and Policy) and develops open source software for EE MRIO analysis. He has a PhD in Neuroscience from the Charite Berlin / FU Berlin.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Trade and the role of non-food commodities for global eutrophication. Nature Sustainability.
- (2018) Headline Environmental Indicators Revisited with the Global Multi-Regional Input-Output Database EXIOBASE. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2018) Prioritizing Consumption-Based Carbon Policy Based on the Evaluation of Mitigation Potential Using Input-Output Methods. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (3).
- (2017) Mapping the carbon footprint of EU regions. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 12 (5).
- (2017) Industrial ecology in integrated assessment models. Nature Climate Change. vol. 7.
- (2017) The Virtual IELab – an exercise in replicating part of the EXIOBASE V.2 production pipeline in a virtual laboratory. Economic Systems Research. vol. 29 (2).
- (2017) The country converter coco - a Python package for converting country names between different classification schemes. The Journal of Open Source Software. vol. 2 (16).
- (2017) Resource footprints and their ecosystem consequences. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2016) Global spatially explicit CO2 emission metrics for forest bioenergy. Scientific Reports. vol. 6:20186.
- (2016) Identifying priority areas for European resource policies: a MRIO-based material footprint assessment. Journal of Economic Structures. vol. 5 (1).
- (2016) Environmental Impact Assessment of Household Consumption. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 20 (3).
- (2016) Environmental and resource footprints in a global context: Europe’s structural deficit in resource endowments. Global Environmental Change. vol. 40.
- (2015) Effect of aggregation and disaggregation on embodied material use of products in input-output analysis. Ecological Economics. vol. 116.
- (2015) Lifting Industrial Ecology Modeling to a New Level of Quality and Transparency: A Call for More Transparent Publications and a Collaborative Open Source Software Framework. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) Global Sustainability Accounting - Developing EXIOBASE for Multi-Regional Footprint Analysis. Sustainability. vol. 7 (1).
- (2015) Pymrio - a Python module for automating input output calculations and generating reports. EnviroInfo & ICT4S, Adjunct Proceedings (Part 2).
- (2015) The Environmental Footprints Explorer - a database for global sustainable accounting. EnviroInfo & ICT4S, Adjunct Proceedings (Part 2).
- (2014) Protein kinase C activation mediates interferon-β-induced neuronal excitability changes in neocortical pyramidal neurons. Journal of Neuroinflammation.
- (2014) The ‘Rest of the World’ – Estimating the Economic Structure of Missing Regions in Global Multi-Regional Input-Output Tables. Economic Systems Research. vol. 26 (3).
- (2014) The Global Resource Footprint of Nations: Carbon, water, land and materials embodied in trade and final consumption calculated with EXIOBASE 2.1. 2014. ISBN 978-3-200-03637-6.