Johan Håkon Bjørngaard
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My research interests are mainly in health services research and social epidemiology. I have a particular interest in using methodologies for causal inference with observational data.
Please visit RegForsk for more information: https://www.ntnu.no/ism/forskning/regforsk#/view/publications
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2022) High ward occupancy, bedspacing, and 60 day mortality for patients with myocardial infarction, stroke, and heart failure. ESC Heart Failure. vol. 9.
- (2022) How do busy hospital circumstances affect mortality and readmission within 60 days: a cohort study of 680 000 acute admissions in Norway. Health Policy.
- (2021) Association of Preterm Birth With Prescription of Psychotropic Drugs in Adolescence and Young Adulthood. JAMA Network Open. vol. 4 (3).
- (2021) The relationship between body mass index and income: Using genetic variants from HUNT as instrumental variables. Health Economics. vol. 30 (8).
- (2021) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Improves Physical Function and Fatigue in Mild and Moderate Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Consecutive Randomized Controlled Trial of Standard and Short Interventions. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 12.
- (2021) Does cognitive behavioural therapy or mindfulness-based therapy improve mental health and emotion regulation among men who perpetrate intimate partner violence? A randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies. vol. 113:103795.
- (2021) High volumes of recent surgical admissions, time to surgery, and 60-day mortality. The Bone & Joint Journal. vol. 103-B (2).
- (2021) Intergenerational polygenic obesity risk throughout adolescence in a cross-sectional study design: The HUNT study, Norway. Obesity. vol. 29 (11).
- (2021) How does general practitioner discontinuity affect healthcare utilisation? An observational cohort study of 2.4 million Norwegians 2007-2017. BMJ Open. vol. 11.
- (2021) Effects of GP characteristics on unplanned hospital admissions and patient safety. A 9-year follow-up of all Norwegian out-of-hours contacts. Family Practice.
- (2020) Genetic associations with temporal shifts in obesity and severe obesity during the obesity epidemic in Norway: A longitudinal population-based cohort (the HUNT Study). PLoS Medicine.
- (2020) Separating the genetics of childhood and adult obesity: a validation study of genetic scores for body mass index in adolescence and adulthood in the HUNT Study. Human Molecular Genetics.
- (2020) Avoiding dynastic, assortative mating, and population stratification biases in Mendelian randomization through within-family analyses. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Cognitive behavioural group therapy versus mindfulness-based stress reduction group therapy for intimate partner violence: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 20 (1).
- (2020) Hospitals' Discharge Tendency and Risk of Death - An Analysis of 60,000 Norwegian Hip Fracture Patients. Clinical Epidemiology. vol. 12.
- (2020) Changes in General Practitioners’ consultation frequency over time for patients with hypertension or anxiety/depression symptoms: a 10-year follow-up of the Norwegian HUNT study. Family Practice. vol. 37 (2).
- (2020) Socioeconomic inequalities in the prevalence of complex multimorbidity in a Norwegian population: findings from the cross-sectional HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (6).
- (2020) Socioeconomic position, multimorbidity and mortality in a population cohort, the HUNT Study. Journal of Clinical Medicine. vol. 9 (9).
- (2019) The effect of emergency department delays on 30-days mortality in Central Norway. European journal of emergency medicine. vol. 26.
- (2019) Quantifying the impact of genes on body mass index during the obesity epidemic: Longitudinal findings from the HUNT Study. The BMJ. vol. 366.