Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Giosuè Baggio was educated in philosophy, logic and cognitive neuroscience in Pavia, Strasbourg, Amsterdam and Nijmegen. Before joining NTNU in 2014, he has worked at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, and at the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA).
He leads the research project Origins of Semantic Composition in Early Cognitive Development, funded by the Research Council of Norway.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) The time-course of sentence meaning composition: N400 effects of the interaction between context-induced and lexically-stored affordances. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8 (MAY).
- (2017) Cultural transmission and evolution of melodic structures in multi-generational signaling games. Artificial Life. vol. 23 (3).
- (2017) Developmental constraints on learning artificial grammars with fixed, flexible and free word order. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Multiple neural representations of elementary logical connectives. NeuroImage. vol. 135.
- (2016) Formal semantics in the neurology clinic: Atypical understanding of aspectual coercion in ALS patients. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7.
- (2016) Language processing is not a race against time. Behavioral and Brain Sciences. vol. 39.
- (2016) Brain potentials predict learning, transmission and modification of an artificial symbolic system. Social Cognitive & Affective Neuroscience.
- (2016) The emergence of word order and morphology in compositional languages via multi-generational signaling games. Journal of Language Evolution. vol. 1 (2).
- (2015) Logic as Marr's computational level: Four case studies. Topics in Cognitive Science. vol. 7 (2).
- (2015) Gamma oscillations as a neural signature of shifting times in narrative language. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (4).
- (2015) Disrupting morphosyntactic and lexical semantic processing has opposite effects on the sample entropy of neural signals. Brain Research. vol. 1604.
- (2015) Role asymmetry and code transmission in signaling games: An experimental and computational investigation. Cognitive science. vol. 39 (5).
- (2013) Linguistic representations of motion do not depend on the visual motion system. Psychological Science. vol. 24 (2).
- (2013) Motion words selectively modulate direction discrimination sensitivity for threshold motion. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 7.
- (2012) Selective alignment of brain responses by task demands during semantic processing. Neuropsychologia. vol. 50 (5).
- (2012) Complex dynamics of semantic memory access in reading. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. vol. 9 (67).
- (2011) The balance between memory and unification in semantics: A dynamic account of the N400. Language and cognitive processes (Print). vol. 26 (9).
- (2010) Coercion and compositionality. Journal of cognitive neuroscience. vol. 22 (9).
- (2008) Processing temporal constraints: An ERP study. Language learning. vol. 58.
- (2008) Computing and recomputing discourse models: An ERP study. Journal of Memory and Language (Print). vol. 59 (1).
- (2007) The processing consequences of the imperfective paradox. Journal of Semantics. vol. 24 (4).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2016) Semantics and cognition. The Cambridge Handbook of Formal Semantics.
- (2012) Language, linguistics and cognition. Philosophy of Linguistics.
- (2012) The processing consequences of compositionality. The Oxford Handbook of Compositionality.
- (2009) Semantic unification. The Cognitive Neurosciences, 4th Edition.