Geir Arild Espnes
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Espnes har i tiden 2019-2023 permisjon for å være ordfører i Oppdal
Leder for faggruppe Folkehelse og samfunnsmedisin
Leder ved Senter for helsefremmende forskning
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) The role of perceived loneliness and sociodemographic factors in association with subjective mental and physical health and well-being in Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2021) Despite Symptom Severity, do Nursing Home Residents Experience Joy-of-Life? The Associations Between Joy-of-life and Symptom Severity in Norwegian Nursing Home Residents. Journal of Holistic Nursing.
- (2020) Association between food patterns and difficulties in falling asleep among adolescents in Norway — a descriptive Young-Hunt3 study. Journal of Public Health (Berlin).
- (2020) Change and stability: Within-person life satisfaction over a 20-year period using data from the HUNT survey. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2020) Sense of Coherence in Association with Stress Experience and Health in Adolescents. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 17 (3003).
- (2020) Bullying, social support and adolescents' mental health: Results from a follow-up study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2020) Social Support, Bullying, School-related Stress and Mental Health in Adolescence. Nordic Psychology. vol. 72 (4).
- (2020) Interactive Effects of Quality of Life and Related Factors on Alcohol Use Outcomes. Canadian Journal on Aging/La Revue canadienne du vieillissement.
- (2020) Achieving healthy ageing through the perspective of sense of coherence among senior-only households: a qualitative study. Aging & Mental Health.
- (2020) Supporting the mobilization of health assets among older community dwellers residing in senior-only households in Singapore: a qualitative study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 20 (411).
- (2019) Addressing Inequity: Evaluation of an Intervention to Improve Accessability and Quality of a Green Space. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 16 (24).
- (2019) Future directions for the concept of salutogenesis: A position article. Health Promotion International. vol. 35 (2).
- (2019) Ten lessons for good practice for the INHERIT triple win: Health, equity, and environmental sustainability. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 16:4546 (22).
- (2019) Development and psychometric properties of the Joy-of-Life-Scale in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 33 (4).
- (2019) Age groups changes in self-rated health: A prospective longitudinal study over a 20-year period using Health Survey of North Trøndelag data. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2019) Reorienting Norwegian mental healthcare services: listen to patients’ learning appetite. Health Promotion International. vol. 34 (3).
- (2019) Teaching general practitioners to activate older patients: the intervening role of changes in perceived communication skills. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 102 (9).
- (2018) Exploring MEST: a new universal teaching strategy for school health services to promote positive mental health literacy and mental wellbeing among Norwegian adolescents. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (1001).
- (2018) Psychological distress in elderly people is associated with diet, wellbeing, health status, social support and physical functioning- a HUNT3 study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 18 (205).
- (2018) Testing a new tool assessing attitude towards treatment and health in primary health care setting: Senior patients and doctors perspectives. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 47 (1).