Cathrine Broberg Vågbø
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Proteomics and Modomics Experimental Core facility (PROMEC)
My main research interests are DNA epigenetics and RNA epitranscriptomics that orchestrate fundamental processes like stress response and memory formation. Throughout my PhD and post doctoral period I developed and refined advanced mass spectrometry based methods for the characterization of functional DNA and RNA modifications. Today these methods are incorporated into the analytical pipeline of the Proteomics and Modomics Experimental Core facility (PROMEC) and are utilized by multiple research groups both nationally and worldwide.
Published 34 articles (PubMed) in peer-reviewed international journals. Currently > 2700 citations and an h-index of 20 (ResearcherID). Statistics: (Impact factor, number of publications): Nature (43.8, 2), Nat Neurosci (19.9, 1), Mol Cell (14.4, 2), Nat Commun (13.1, 2), Genes&Dev (12.6, 2), EMBO J (10.7, 2), J Cell Biol (9.6, 1), Am J Hum Genet (9.0, 1), Nucleic Acids Res (8.8, 6), Cell Rep (8.7, 1), Oncotarget (6.0, 1), Epigenet Chromatin (5.2, 1), J Biol Chem (4.6, 1), Cell Discov (4.5, 1), Sci Rep (4.5, 1), Mol Cell Biol (4.4, 1), PlosOne (3.5, 1), DNA Rep (3.4, 4), J Pharmacol Exp Ther (3.0, 1), J Clin Pharm (1.7, 1).
Authored textbook chapter: ISBN 9813233494, World Scientific publishing (2018).
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) The DNA modification N6-methyl-2 '-eoxyadenosine (m6dA) drives activity-induced gene expression and is required for fear extinction. Nature Neuroscience. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) Recessive Truncating Mutations in ALKBH8 Cause Intellectual Disability and Severe Impairment of Wobble Uridine Modification. American Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 104 (6).
- (2019) The human methyltransferase ZCCHC4 catalyses N6-methyladenosine modification of 28S ribosomal RNA. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 48 (2).
- (2019) 5-hydroxymethylcytosine marks mammalian origins acting as a barrier to replication. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2017) A ubiquitin-dependent signalling axis specific for ALKBH-mediated DNA dealkylation repair. Nature. vol. 551 (7680).
- (2017) m6A mRNA modifications are deposited in nascent pre-mRNA and are not required for splicing but do specify cytoplasmic turnover. Genes & Development. vol. 31 (10).
- (2017) Genome-wide profiling of DNA 5-hydroxymethylcytosine during rat Sertoli cell maturation. Cell Discovery. vol. 3.
- (2017) Proteome alterations associated with transformation of multiple myeloma to secondary plasma cell leukemia. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (12).
- (2016) DNA base modifications in honey bee and fruit fly genomes suggest an active demethylation machinery with species- and tissue-specific turnover rates. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Changes of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine distribution during myeloid and lymphoid differentiation of CD34+ cells. Epigenetics & Chromatin. vol. 9.
- (2016) Biochemical reconstitution of TET1-TDG-BER-dependent active DNA demethylation reveals a highly coordinated mechanism. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2015) Synergistic Actions of Ogg1 and Mutyh DNA Glycosylases Modulate Anxiety-like Behavior in Mice. Cell reports. vol. 13 (12).
- (2015) A majority of m6A residues are in the last exons, allowing the potential for 3' UTR regulation. Genes & Development. vol. 29 (19).
- (2014) Protozoan ALKBH8 Oxygenases Display both DNA Repair and tRNA Modification Activities. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2013) A robust, sensitive assay for genomic uracil determination by LC/MS/MS reveals lower levels than previously reported. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (9).
- (2013) The human base excision repair enzyme SMUG1 directly interacts with DKC1 and contributes to RNA quality control. Molecular Cell. vol. 49 (2).
- (2013) Methylation damage to RNA induced in vivo in Escherichia coli is repaired by endogenous AlkB as part of the adaptive response. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (3).
- (2013) ALKBH5 Is a Mammalian RNA Demethylase that Impacts RNA Metabolism and Mouse Fertility. Molecular Cell. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) The DNA dioxygenase ALKBH2 protects Arabidopsis thaliana against methylation damage. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 40 (14).
- (2011) A novel method for the efficient and selective identification of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in genomic DNA. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (8).