Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Bjørn Hofmann, MSc, PhD
Bjørn Hofmann is a professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology at Gjøvik and an adjunct professor at the Centre for medical ethics at the University of Oslo. He holds a PhD in philosophy of medicine and is trained both in the natural sciences and in the humanities.
His main research interests are philosophy of medicine, philosophy of science, technology assessment, and bioethics.
Hofmann teaches ethics, philosophy of science, and philosophy of medicine, at the levels Ba, Ma, and PhD.
He has been a researcher at The Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services (2002-13) and a Harkness fellow (Commonwealth Fund) at the Dartmouth College (2014-15). Publications.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Barriers and facilitators for guideline adherence in diagnostic imaging: an explorative study of GPs’ and radiologists’ perspectives. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (556).
- (2018) Development and conduction of an active re-implementation of the Norwegian musculoskeletal guidelines. BMC Research Notes. vol. 11 (785).
- (2018) Fake facts and alternative truths in medical research. BMC Medical Ethics. vol. 19 (4).
- (2018) Getting personal on overdiagnosis: On defining overdiagnosis from the perspective of the individual person. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 24 (5).
- (2018) Looking for trouble? Diagnostics expanding disease and producing patients. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 24 (5).
- (2018) The gene-editing of super-ego. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 21 (3).
- (2018) Does low dose ionizing radiation cause cncer? The interplay of epistemology and ethics in radiation protection. Axiomathes.
- (2018) Evaluating facts and facting evaluations: On the fact-value relationship in HTA. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 24 (5).
- (2018) In pursuit of goodness in bioethics: Analysis of an exemplary article. BMC Medical Ethics. vol. 19 (60).
- (2018) Nudging in screening: Literature review and ethical guidance. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 101 (9).
- (2018) How medical technologies shape the experience of illness. Life Sciences, Society and Policy. vol. 14 (3).
- (2018) Associations between attitudes towards scientific misconduct and self-reported behavior. Accountability in Research. vol. 25 (5).
- (2018) Why we don't need "unmet needs"! On the concepts of unmet need and severity in health-care priority setting. Health Care Analysis.
- (2017) Do health professionals have a prototype concept of disease? The answer is no. Philosophy Ethics and Humanities in Medicine. vol. 12 (6).
- (2017) Døden og teknologien. Tidsskriftet sykepleien.
- (2017) Ethical issues with colorectal cancer screening—a systematic review. Journal of Evaluation In Clinical Practice. vol. 23 (3).
- (2017) Etiske aspekter ved behandling av fedme. Indremedisineren.
- (2017) Etiske utfordringer med nyere reproduksjonsteknologi. Etikk i praksis. vol. 11 (2).
- (2017) Limits to human enhancement: Nature, disease, therapy or betterment?. BMC Medical Ethics. vol. 18 (56).
- (2017) Overdiagnostic uncertainty. European Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 32 (6).