Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Arne Brataas received his Ph.D. in physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 1997. He is the director of the Center of Excellence QuSpin (https://www.ntnu.edu/quspin). He has been a postdoctoral fellow at TU Delft (1997-1999) and Harvard University (1999-2002) and, since 2002, professor at his alma mater. He is the chairman of the Kavli Prize committee in Nanoscience and a recipient of the 2015 ERC Advanced Grant. His main interests are the theory of spin transport and dynamics in insulating and conducting nanostructured materials.
Research Council of Norway, Senterleder, Senter for Fremragende Forskning (SFF), Center for Quantum Spintronics
HORIZON2020 European Research Council, Advanced Grant, Insulatronics
HORIZON2020 Future and Emerging Technologies, TRANSPIRE
Research Council of Norway, FRINATEK 2015-2019, Super Insulator Spintronics
Post-docs: Dr. Niklas Rohling, Dr. Alireza Quaiumzadeh, and Dr. Roberto Troncoso
Ph.D. students: Eirik Løhaugen Fjærbu, Therese Frostad, Sverre Gulbrandsen, Øyvind Johansen, Martin Fonnum Jakobsen, and Haakon Thømt Simensen
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Antiferromagnetic spin textures and dynamics. Nature Physics. vol. 14.
- (2018) Spin transfer and spin pumping in disordered normal metal-antiferromagnetic insulator systems. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (054409).
- (2018) Spin-transfer antiferromagnetic resonance. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (5).
- (2018) Theory of the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction in Rashba Antiferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (19).
- (2018) Controlling chiral domain walls in antiferromagnets using spin-wave helicity. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (2).
- (2018) Superconductivity induced by interfacial coupling to magnons. Physical Review B. vol. 97.
- (2018) Bulk and edge spin transport in topological magnon insulators. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 97.
- (2017) Enhanced Spin Conductance of a Thin-Film Insulating Antiferromagnet. Physical Review Letters. vol. 119 (5).
- (2017) Spin Hall effect and spin swapping in diffusive superconductors. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (5).
- (2017) Electrically driven Bose-Einstein condensation of magnons in antiferromagnets. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (14).
- (2017) Spin pumping, dissipation, and direct and alternating inverse spin Hall effects in magnetic-insulator/normal-metal bilayers. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (21).
- (2017) Spin Superfluidity in Biaxial Antiferromagnetic Insulators. Physical Review Letters. vol. 118 (13).
- (2017) Equations of motion and frequency dependence of magnon-induced domain wall motion. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (17).
- (2017) Optical conversion of pure spin currents in hybrid molecular devices. Nature Communications. vol. 8 (1).
- (2016) Terahertz Antiferromagnetic Spin Hall Nano-Oscillator. Physical Review Letters. vol. 116 (20).
- (2016) Backscattering in helical edge states from a magnetic impurity and Rashba disorder. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 93 (8).
- (2016) Intrinsic magnetization of antiferromagnetic textures. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 93 (10).
- (2016) Phenomenology of current-induced skyrmion motion in antiferromagnets. New Journal of Physics. vol. 18 (7).
- (2015) Heat transport between antiferromagnetic insulators and normal metals. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92:180414 (18).
- (2015) Magnonic charge pumping via spin-orbit coupling. Nature Nanotechnology. vol. 10.