Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Arne Brataas received his Ph.D. in physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 1997. He is the director of the Center of Excellence QuSpin (https://www.ntnu.edu/quspin). He has been a postdoctoral fellow at TU Delft (1997-1999) and Harvard University (1999-2002) and, since 2002, professor at his alma mater. He was the chairman of the Kavli Prize committee in Nanoscience (2013-2019) and a recipient of the 2015 ERC Advanced Grant. His main interests are the theory of spin transport and dynamics in insulating and conducting nanostructured materials.
Research Council of Norway, Senterleder, Senter for Fremragende Forskning (SFF), Center for Quantum Spintronics
HORIZON2020 European Research Council, Advanced Grant, Insulatronics
HORIZON2020 Future and Emerging Technologies, TRANSPIRE
Research Council of Norway, FRINATEK 2015-2019, Super Insulator Spintronics
QuSpin members directly supervised:
Post-docs: Dr. Alireza Quaiumzadeh, Dr. Roberto Troncoso, and Dr. Rui Wui
Ph.D. students: Therese Frostad, Martin Fonnum Jakobsen, Haakon Thømt Simensen, Andreas Tiedemann Glaser Janssønn, and Bjørnulf Brekke
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Spin pumping between noncollinear ferromagnetic insulators through thin superconductors. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 103 (024524).
- (2020) Chiral ferromagnetism beyond Lifshitz invariants. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101.
- (2020) Current fluctuations driven by ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic resonance. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (5).
- (2020) Spin insulatronics. Physics reports. vol. 885.
- (2020) Identifying the origin of the nonmonotonic thickness dependence of spin-orbit torque and interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction in a ferrimagnetic insulator heterostructure. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (5).
- (2020) Magnon-mediated superconductivity on the surface of a topological insulator. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101.
- (2020) Spin Hall effect in Antiferromagnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101 (18).
- (2020) Electrical and thermal transport in antiferromagnet-superconductor junctions. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (14).
- (2020) Macroscale nonlocal transfer of superconducting signatures to a ferromagnet in a cavity. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (180506(R)).
- (2020) Magnon-squeezing as a niche of quantum magnonics. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 117 (9).
- (2020) Long-distance spin-transport across the Morin phase transition up to room temperature in ultra-low damping single crystals of the antiferromagnet α-Fe2O3. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Observation of Magnon Polarons in a Uniaxial Antiferromagnetic Insulator. Physical Review Letters. vol. 125 (217201).
- (2020) Bose–Einstein condensation of nonequilibrium magnons in confined systems. New Journal of Physics. vol. 22.
- (2020) Magnon decay theory of Gilbert damping in metallic antiferromagnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101 (020403).
- (2020) Spin transport in thick insulating antiferromagnetic films. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101 (5).
- (2020) Fingerprints of Universal Spin-Stiffness Jump in Two-Dimensional Ferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 125.
- (2020) Subterahertz spin pumping from an insulating antiferromagnet. Science. vol. 368 (6487).
- (2020) Theory of domain-wall magnetoresistance in metallic antiferromagnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (18).
- (2019) Enhancement of superconductivity mediated by antiferromagnetic squeezed magnons. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (10).
- (2019) Superconductivity at metal-antiferromagnetic insulator interfaces. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (12).