Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
PhD, Professor in International Marketing. Fields of interest: Profitable sustainability strategies, circular economy, innovation, international entrepreneurship, international marketing, and firm growth
Telephone: +47 908 40 017
Office: 432 - Sentralbygg II
- Director Master of Technology Management (MTM)
- Leader of the research group Green Value Creation at the Department for Industrial Economics and Technology Management
- Coordinator for NTNU's masters level specialization in Strategy and Business Development ( INDØK).
Arild is predominantly doing research on the creation and implementation of profitable sustainability strategies in Norwegian industry. The research aims to understand how we can undergo a green shift and emerge with private and public sectors that are economically and environmentally sustainable. The research draw from established theories from innovation strategy, entrepreneurship, marketing and operation management.
Arild Aspelund is the director of Master og Technology Management and contributes to several executive programs. He also teaches graduate courses in industrial marketing and international business.
Arild Aspelund became Professor in International Marketing at NTNU in 2011. He received his PhD from NTNU in April 2005 for the thesis titled: “Small International Firms: - The Emergence of International New Ventures”. He is also Master of Science in Industrial Economics and Technology Management from the same institution. Previous educational background also includes MIT Sloan School of Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts, and Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Génie Industriel, Grenoble, France as well as studies in Mathematics and Physics from Molde University College and NTNU. He has also been visiting professor at the Institute for Manufacturing, Cambridge University, UK and Montpellier Business School, France.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Knowledge integration in international SMEs – The effects on firm innovation and performance. Cogent Business & Management. vol. 7 (1).
- (2020) An investigation of leaders' motivation, intellectual leadership, and sustainability strategy in relation to Norwegian manufacturers’ performance. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 254.
- (2020) Sustainability innovations and firm competitiveness: A review. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 280 (1).
- (2019) Managerial rationales for investing and divesting under uncertainty. Cogent Business & Management. vol. 6 (1).
- (2017) The birth and development of a Born Global industry: The case of microelectronics in Norway. Journal of International Entrepreneurship.
- (2017) Doing good and doing well? International Entrepreneurship and Social Responsibility. International Journal of Entrepreneurship. vol. 21 (2).
- (2015) Entrepreneurial judgment and value capture, the case of the nascent offshore renewable industry. Sustainability. vol. 7 (11).
- (2014) Multi-plant improvement programmes: a literature review and research agenda. International Journal of Operations & Production Management. vol. 34 (3).
- (2013) Company-specific production systems and competitive advantage: A resource-based view on the Volvo Production System. International Journal of Operations & Production Management. vol. 33 (11-12).
- (2012) International New Ventures and Governance Structures – Are International Entrepreneurs Strategic or Entrepreneurial?. Journal of Management and Governance. vol. 16 (1).
- (2012) The role of the entrepreneurial team and the board of directors in the internationalization of academic spin-offs. Journal of International Entrepreneurship. vol. 10 (4).
- (2012) Start-Up Valuation by Venture Capitalists: An Empirical Study. Venture Capital : an International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance. vol. 14 (2-3).
- (2010) Small and middle-sized enterprises' offshoring production: a study of firm decisions and consequences. Tijdschrift voor economische en sociale geografie. vol. 101 (3).
- (2009) The Role of Innovative and Entrepreneurial Behavior in Internationalization Processes. Advances in International Marketing. vol. 20.
- (2008) The Hybrid Structures of International New Ventures - A Social Capital Approach and Research Agenda. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. vol. 9 (1).
- (2008) The importance of the Internet in international business-to-business markets. International Marketing Review. vol. 25 (5).
- (2007) A review of the foundation, international marketing strategies and performance of international new ventures. European Journal of Marketing. vol. 41 (11-12).
- (2005) Small International Firms: Typology, Performance and Implications. Management International Review (MIR). vol. 45 (3).
- (2005) Initial Resources' Influence on New Venture Survival: A Longitudinal Study of New Technology-Based Firms. Technovation. vol. 25.
- (2004) Internationalization of Small High-Tech Firms: The Role of Information Technology. Journal of Euromarketing. vol. 13 (2/3).