Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I graduated from the Univ. of Granada (Spain) with a BSc in Environmental Sciences and continued my studies with a pre-MSc in Geological Engineering and a joint MSc in Geological Hazards at the Univ. of Barcelona and Autonomous Univ. of Barcelona (Spain). My master’s thesis was carried out in the Institute of Environmental Sciences at the Univ. of Geneva (Switzerland) and focused on the study of geomorphic indicators controlling channel widening during flash floods affecting the uppermost areas of selected European rivers. After graduating I collaborated with the Earth Sciences international journal Geologica Acta as the Managing Editor.
I am currently a PhD candidate at NTNU, working on the Visualization of Flash Floods in Steep Rivers (Hydraulic Engineering & Hydroinformatics) within the World of Wild Waters (WoWW) project (under the umbrella of NTNU's Digital Transformation initiative).
Project/Master thesis proposals (2019/2020)*
4. Machine Learning for Flood Risk Management (with P. Salvo Rossi)
*reach out for further details
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Visualizing hydrodynamic fluid simulations within an immersive experience as a scientific dissemination strategy. MekIT’19 - 10th National Conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2019) River idealization for identification of critical locations in steep rivers using 2D hydrodynamic modelling and GIS. 22nd Northern Research Basins Symposia/Workshop – Partners in Learning.
- (2018) Las cuencas de Portainé y Romadriu: susceptibilidad al cambio y factores de control antrópicos y naturales. Geomorfología del Antropoceno. Efectos del cambio global sobre los procesos geomorfológicos.
- (2018) Factors controlling streambank erosion and channel widening: implications for flood hazard. Geomorfología del Antropoceno. Efectos del cambio global sobre los procesos geomorfológicos.