Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Sense-IT - IETS multimedia laboratorium
Andrew Perkis received his Siv.Ing and Dr. Techn. Degrees in 1985 and 1994, respectively. In 2008 he received an executive Master of Technology Management in cooperation from NTNU, NHH and NUS (Singapore). He has been with NTNU since 1993 and currently holds a chair within Media Technology. His current research focus is within methods and functionality of content representation, quality assessment and its use within the media value chain in a variety of applications and change management, business modelling for the media sector and Digital Storytelling and the associate tools for this. He was one of the founding authors of the concept of Universal Multimedia Access (UMA) and Quality of Experience (QoE). He is also involved in setting up directions and visions for new research within media technology and entertainment as well as directions for innovations in Immersive Media Technology Experiences. He is member of The Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences (NTVA), senior member of the IEEE, member of ACM and member of The Norwegian Society of Chartered Engineers.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Multiuse playspaces: mediating expressive community places. IEEE Multimedia. vol. 24 (1).
- (2015) A QOS-DRIVEN UMA viewer in MPEG-21 framework. European Signal Processing Conference. vol. 06-10-September-2004.
- (2014) Exploring the impact of food craving and pleasure technologies on aesthetic experience in digital media. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. vol. 30 (3).
- (2014) Attention driven foveated video quality assessment. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. vol. 23 (1).
- (2012) Assessment of Stereoscopic Crosstalk Perception. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 14 (2).
- (2012) VIDEO QUALITY METRIC BASED ON FIXATION PREDICTION AND FOVEAL IMAGING. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- (2011) VISUAL ATTENTION TUNED SPATIO-VELOCITY CONTRAST SENSITIVITY FOR VIDEO QUALITY ASSESSMENT. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo.
- (2011) Balancing attended and global stimuli in perceived video quality assessment. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 13 (6).
- (2011) Congestion control in wireless links based on selective delivery of erroneous packets. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 26 (2).
- (2011) Factors impacting quality of experience in stereoscopic images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7863.
- (2011) Multi-Service Load Balancing in a Heterogeneous Network with Vertical Handover. Advances in Electronics and Telecommunications. vol. 2 (3).
- (2010) A compressive sensing approach to perceptual image coding. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7798.
- (2010) Subjective evaluation of stereoscopic crosstalk perception. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7744.
- (2010) ATTENTION MODELING FOR VIDEO QUALITY ASSESSMENT: BALANCING GLOBAL QUALITY AND LOCAL QUALITY. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo.
- (2010) SPATIAL AND TEMPORAL POOLING OF IMAGE QUALITY METRICS FOR PERCEPTUAL VIDEO QUALITY ASSESSMENT ON PACKET LOSS STREAMS. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing.
- (2010) A semantic framework for video genre classification and event analysis. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 25 (4).
- (2010) HVS-based Image Quality Assessment for Digital Cinema. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7529.
- (2010) Perceptual-based quality assessment for audio-visual services: A Survey. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 25 (7).
- (2009) SS-SSIM and MS-SSIM for digital cinema applications. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 7240 (XIV).
- (2008) Evaluation and monitoring of video quality for UMA enabled video streaming systems. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 37.