MOL3901 - Masteroppgave i molekylærmedisin
The master's thesis in molecular medicine could have a basal or a medical direction. The thesis should have a scientific composition and be founded on applicable theory and literature within the specific subject. Current topics could be molecular mechanisms and epidemiological causes, diagnostic problems and therapeutic measures. It is a great advantage that the thesis is connected to the existing research activities at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The principal supervisor is chosen among the scientific staff with permanent positions. The thesis should be a monograph or a scientific paper with concluding remarks. In both cases, the student should document a theoretical comprehension and a broad understanding of the methods that have been used.
Students enrolled in the master's programme must write the thesis in English.
Details regulating the work with and assessment of the thesis are given in Guidelines for the Master's Thesis in Molecular Medicine.
After completing the masters thesis the student should be able to:
- formulate a precise research problem
- scientifically test and answer a research problem
- prepare and analyze data from a study/experiment
- master methods and techniques relevant for the
- present a research problem and discuss the results critically
by use of relevant scientific literature
- describe a scientific work in a clearly written report
- present the results, both in writing and orally, with sound
language and precise statements.
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
Form of examination: Thesis and oral presentation/examination. The grade given on the thesis may be adjusted after the oral exam.
The thesis must be written in English.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Molecular Medicine (MSMOLMED)
The student must be admitted to the Master of Science in Molecular Medicine. In order to be eligible to defend his/her master's thesis the student must have passed all exams, i.e. compulsory and elective courses worth 60 credits in total.
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato.