Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Instituttleder siden 2013
Lege, klinisk bakgrunn fra gynekologi & obstetrikk og allmennmedisin. Professor i samfunnsmedisin.
Cand. med., Universitetet i Trondheim, 1985
Kandidat i folkehelsevitenskap (Master of Public Health, MPH), Universitetet i Tromsø, 1990
Dr.med., NTNU, 1997
Effekt og konsekvenser av screening og helseundersøkelser
Osteoporose og brudd
Folkehelse, ernæring, livsstil
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Apotek - helsetjeneste eller butikk?. Tidsskriftet Den norske legeforening. vol. 138 (7).
- (2018) Anti-osteoporosis drug use: too little, too much, or just right? The HUNT study, Norway. Osteoporosis International. vol. 29 (8).
- (2018) Psychosocial consequences among women with false-positive results after mammography screening in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 36 (4).
- (2017) Mortality in persons with undetected and diagnosed hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and hypothyroidism, compared with persons without corresponding disease - a prospective cohort study; The HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Family Practice. vol. 18 (98).
- (2017) Psoriasis, fracture risk and bone mineral density: the HUNT Study, Norway. British Journal of Dermatology. vol. 176 (5).
- (2016) Continued decline in hip fracture incidence in Norway: a NOREPOS study. Osteoporosis International. vol. 27 (7).
- (2015) No increase in risk of hip fracture at high serum retinol concentrations in community-dwelling older Norwegians: the Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 102 (5).
- (2015) Diagnostic labelling influences self-rated health. A prospective cohort study: The HUNT study, Norway. Family Practice. vol. 32 (5).
- (2015) Educational inequalities in post-hip fracture mortality: a NOREPOS studys. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. vol. 30 (12).
- (2015) Ovulation prevalence in women with spontaneous normal-length menstrual cycles - A population-based cohort from HUNT3, Norway. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (8).
- (2015) Women's Experiences With Mammography Screening Through Six Years of Participation— A Longitudinal Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. vol. 36 (5).
- (2014) Screening er et etisk dilemma. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2014) Is there an association between disease ignorance and self-rated health? The HUNT Study, a cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open. vol. 4 (5).
- (2014) Mortality following the first hip fracture in Norwegian women and men (1999-2008): A NOREPOS study. Bone. vol. 63.
- (2014) Impact of comorbidity, age, and gender on seasonal variation in hip fracture incidence. A NOREPOS study. Archives of Osteoporosis. vol. 9.
- (2014) Cohort profile: Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies (NOREPOS). Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 42 (8).
- (2013) Når apotekene vil teste deg. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2013) Bone mass density, fracture history, self-reported osteoporosis as proxy variables for estrogen and the risk of non-small-cell lung cancer : a population based cohort study, the HUNT study: are proxy variables friends or faults?. Lung Cancer. vol. 81 (1).
- (2013) Low Serum Levels of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Predict Hip Fracture in the Elderly: A NOREPOS Study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 98 (8).
- (2013) A prospective population-based cohort study of lactation and cardiovascular disease mortality: the HUNT study. BMC Public Health. vol. 13.
- (2013) Changing patterns of cytomegalovirus seroprevalence among pregnant women in Norway between 1995 and 2009 examined in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study and two cohorts from Sør-Trøndelag County: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. vol. 3.
- (2013) GENDER DIFFERENCES IN ALL-CAUSE MORTALITY FOLLOWING FIRST HIP FRACTURE IN 81,867 NORWEGIAN WOMEN AND MEN: THE NORWEGIAN EPIDEMIOLOGIC OSTEOPOROSIS STUDIES. Osteoporosis International. vol. 24.
- (2013) Ten-year risk of second hip fracture. A NOREPOS study. Bone. vol. 52 (1).
- (2013) Does thyroid function influence fracture risk? Prospective data from the HUNT2 study, Norway. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 169 (6).
- (2012) Excess mortality after hip fracture among elderly women in Norway : The HUNT study. Osteoporosis International. vol. 23 (6).
- (2012) Physical activity, body mass index and bone mineral density-associations in a prospective population-based cohort of women and men: The Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis Study (CaMos). Bone. vol. 50 (1).
- (2012) Maternal recall of breastfeeding duration twenty years after delivery. BMC Medical Research Methodology. vol. 12 (179).
- (2012) Lactation and cardiovascular risk factors in a population-based study: the HUNT-study. International Breastfeeding Journal. vol. 7 (8).
- (2012) Hip fractures in Norway 1999-2008: time trends in total incidence and second hip fracture rates. A NOREPOS study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 27 (10).
- (2012) Risk categorisation through standard deviations - the challenge of bone density measurements: A focus group study among women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (2).
- (2012) Could screening participation bias symptom interpretation? An interview study on women's interpretations of and responses to cancer symptoms between mammography screening rounds. BMJ Open. vol. 2 (6).
- (2012) Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer. Social Science and Medicine. vol. 75 (10).
- (2011) Increased circulating hepatocyte growth factor (HGF): a marker of epithelial ovarian cancer and an indicator of poor prognosis. Gynecologic Oncology. vol. 121 (2).
- (2011) BMD and Breast Cancer Risk: A Positive Association in Women ≥50 Years and a Negative in Women <50 Years? The HUNT Study, Norway. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. vol. 26.
- (2011) Hip fracture incidence in Norway 1999-2008. Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 21.
- (2011) A low COMT activity haplotype is associated with recurrent preeclampsia in a Norwegian population cohort (HUNT2). Molecular human reproduction. vol. 17 (7).
- (2011) Experiences of Recall After Mammography Screening-A Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. vol. 32 (11).
- (2011) The association between depressive and anxiety symptoms and bone mineral density in the general population: The HUNT Study. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 131 (1-3).
- (2010) STOX2 but not STOX1 is differently expressed in preeclampstic decidua from Norwegian women: data from the Second Nord-Trondelag Health Study. Molecular human reproduction. vol. 16 (12).
- (2010) Genetic and molecular functional characterization of variants within TNFSF13B, a positional candidate preeclampsia susceptibility gene on 13q. PLOS ONE. vol. 5 (9).