Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Professor in clinical adult psychology, and statistics and psychometrics. Clinical psychologist, and educated within Metacognitive Therapy (MCT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Research interests: resilience, psychometrics, anxiety, depression, clinical treatment trials using MCT and CBT, developmental psychopathology, and nevropsychological aspects related to psychopathology.
Member of the board at Department of Psychology, NTNU
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Stress of home life and gender role socializations, family cohesion, and symptoms of anxiety and depression. Women & health.
- (2017) Specificity in mediated pathways by anxiety symptoms linking adolescent stress profiles to depressive symptoms: Results of a moderated mediation approach. Journal of Affective Disorders.
- (2017) Anxiety symptoms mediate the relationship between exposure to stressful negative life events and depressive symptoms: A conditional process modelling of the protective effects of resilience. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 29.
- (2017) Måleegenskaper ved den norske versjonen av The Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory for Children (SPAI-C). PsykTestBARN. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Health-related quality of life and psychological distress in Young adult survivors of childhood cancer and their Association with treatment, education, and demographic factors. Quality of Life Research.
- (2017) Health-related quality of life and psychological distress in adolescent and young adult survivors of childhood cancer and their association to treatment, education and demographic factors. Abstracts from th 49th Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP).
- (2017) Metacognitive therapy for depression in adults: A waiting list randomized controlled trial with six months follow-up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2017) Resilience or hope? Incremental and convergent validity of the resilience scale for adults (RSA) and the Herth hope scale (HHS) in the prediction of anxiety and depression. BMC Psychology. vol. 5 (36).
- (2017) Psychometric properties of the Resilience Scale for Adults (RSA) and its relationship with life-stress, anxiety, and depression in a Hispanic Latin-American community sample. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (11).
- (2017) Cognitive and metacognitive predictors of symptom improvement following treatment for social anxiety disorder: A secondary analysis from a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- (2017) Measuring psychological change after trauma: Psychometric properties of a new bi-directional scale. Psychological Trauma. vol. 9 (6).
- (2017) Worry and Metacognitions as Predictors of Anxiety Symptoms: A Prospective Study. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8 (924).
- (2016) Adolescent stress and symptoms of anxiety and depression: Resilience explains and differentiates the relationships. Journal of Affective Disorders. vol. 203.
- (2016) The resilience scale for adults in Italy: a validation study comparing clinical substance abusers with a nonclinical sample. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors. vol. 30 (4).
- (2016) Resilience factors play an important role in the mental health of parents when children survive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Acta Paediatrica. vol. 105 (1).
- (2016) The Norwegian Translation of the Adult Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Quality of Life Scale: Validation and Assessment of QoL in 313 Adults With ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2016) Metacognitions in obsessive-compulsive disorder: A psychometric study of the Metacognitions Questionnaire-30. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders. vol. 11.
- (2016) Metacognitive Therapy in Major Depression: An Open Trial of Comorbid Cases. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- (2016) Early neuropsychological findings in mild traumatic brain injury: A prospective cohort study. Brain Injury. vol. 30 (5-6).
- (2016) Personality traits, gender differences and symptoms of anhedonia: What does the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) measure in nonclinical settings?. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 57 (2).