Jan Kristian Damås
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Professor på IKOM og knyttet til Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research. Overlege ved Avdeling for infeksjonssykdommer.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) TLR8 and complement C5 induce cytokine release and thrombin activation in human whole blood challenged with Gram-positive bacteria. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 107 (4).
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020) Sensing of HIV-1 by TLR8 activates human T cells and reverses latency. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Cholesterol crystals use complement to increase NLRP3 signaling pathways in coronary and carotid atherosclerosis. EBioMedicine. vol. 60:102985.
- (2019) Rationale for the ASSAIL-MI-trial: a randomised controlled trial designed to assess the effect of tocilizumab on myocardial salvage in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Open heart. vol. 6 (2).
- (2019) Variation in serum PCSK9 (proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9), cardiovascular disease risk, and an investigation of potential unanticipated effects of PCSK9 inhibition. Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Presenting complaints and mortality in a cohort of 22 000 adult emergency patients at a local hospital in Nepal. Journal of Global Health. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) P1511 - Sensing of HIV-1 nucleic acids by TLR8 in human CD4+ T cells. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 43.
- (2019) Monitoring quality of care for peripheral intravenous catheters; feasibility and reliability of the peripheral intravenous catheters mini questionnaire (PIVC-miniQ). BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19 (636).
- (2019) Human Toll-like receptor 8 (TLR8) is an important sensor of pyogenic bacteria, and is attenuated by cell surface TLR signaling. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 10:1209 (May).
- (2019) Ulcer-associated cell lineage expresses genes involved in regeneration and is hallmarked by high neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) levels. Journal of Pathology. vol. 248.
- (2018) Anxiety and depression symptoms in a general population and future risk of bloodstream infection. The HUNT Study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 80 (7).
- (2018) Transcapillary fluid flux and inflammatory response during neonatal therapeutic hypothermia: An open, longitudinal, observational study. BMC Pediatrics. vol. 18:82.
- (2018) The Palliative Radiotherapy and Inflammation Study (PRAIS) - Protocol for a longitudinal observational multicenter study on patients with cancer induced bone pain. BMC Palliative Care. vol. 17 (110).
- (2018) Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab induces a selective and substantial increase in plasma IP-10 and MIP-1β in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 271.
- (2018) Transitions Between Circulatory States After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Protocol for an Observational, Prospective Cohort Study. JMIR Research Protocols. vol. 7 (1).
- (2018) Association of iron status with the risk of bloodstream infections: results from the prospective population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Intensive Care Medicine. vol. 44 (8).
- (2018) IL-6 receptor inhibition by tocilizumab attenuated expression of C5a receptor 1 and 2 in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 9.
- (2018) C-C Motif Ligand 20 (CCL20) and C-C Motif Chemokine Receptor 6 (CCR6) in Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells: Dysregulated in Ulcerative Colitis and a Potential Role for CCL20 in IL-1β Release. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 19 (10).
- (2018) Expression of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) in the gut in Crohn's disease. Cell and Tissue Research. vol. 374 (2).