Faouzi Alaya Cheikh
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Faouzi Alaya Cheikh is a Professor of computer science at NTNU.
- BSc (Electronics) from the department of electrical engineering from ENIT, Tunisia, 1992
- MSc (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 1997
- Dr. Tech. (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 2004
- Worked as Associate Professor at Gjøvik University College, 2006–2015
- Worked as researcher at TUT, 1994-2006
- Worked as Electronics engineer at Société Tunisienne de l´Éléctricité et du Gaz, Sousse, Tunisia 1992-1993
His research interests include e-Learning, 3D imaging, image and video processing and analysis, video-surveillance, behaviour analysis, biometrics, video-guided intervention, image guided navigation and content-based retrieval. He is member of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Use of the IQRF Technology in Internet-of-Things-Based Smart Cities. IEEE Access.
- (2020) TCM: Temporal Consistency Model for Head Detection in Complex Videos. Journal of Sensors.
- (2020) Towards a video quality assessment based framework for enhancement of laparoscopic videos. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 11316.
- (2020) Semi-supervised Network for Detection of COVID-19 in Chest CT Scans. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Fast parallel vessel segmentation. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 192.
- (2020) GPU acceleration of liver enhancement for tumor segmentation. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 184.
- (2020) On the improvement of 2D quality assessment metrics for omnidirectional images. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2020 (9).
- (2020) Adaptive context encoding module for semantic segmentation. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2020 (10).
- (2019) Blind Stereopair Quality Assessment Using Statistics of Monocular and Binocular Image Structures. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) A survey of stereoscopic 3D just noticeable difference models. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Just Noticeable Difference Model for Asymmetrically Distorted Stereoscopic Images. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. vol. 2019-May.
- (2019) Oblique end face coupling optical fiber sensor for point fuel level measurement. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) Reflected light intensity-modulated continuous liquid level sensor based on oblique end face coupling optical fibers. IEEE Sensors Journal.
- (2019) Road surface condition detection utilizing resonance frequency and optical technologies. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) An Image Based Prediction Model for Sleep Stage Identification. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Disam: Density Independent and Scale Aware Model for Crowd Counting and Localization. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Cross modality guided liver image enhancement of CT using MRI. European Workshop on Visual Information Processing. vol. 2019-October:8946196.
- (2019) Efficient enhancement of stereo endoscopic images based on joint wavelet decomposition and binocular combination. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 38 (1).
- (2019) Two stream model for crowd video classification. European Workshop on Visual Information Processing. vol. 2019-October.
- (2019) Internal Emotion Classification Using EEG Signal With Sparse Discriminative Ensemble. IEEE Access. vol. 7.