Faouzi Alaya Cheikh
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Faouzi Alaya Cheikh is a Professor of computer science at NTNU.
- BSc (Electronics) from the department of electrical engineering from ENIT, Tunisia, 1992
- MSc (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 1997
- Dr. Tech. (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 2004
- Worked as Associate Professor at Gjøvik University College, 2006–2015
- Worked as researcher at TUT, 1994-2006
- Worked as Electronics engineer at Société Tunisienne de l´Éléctricité et du Gaz, Sousse, Tunisia 1992-1993
His research interests include e-Learning, 3D imaging, image and video processing and analysis, video-surveillance, behaviour analysis, biometrics, video-guided intervention, image guided navigation and content-based retrieval. He is member of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab)
- IMT6161 - Selected topics in Video Processing
- IMT4890 - Specialisation in Video Processing
- IMT6151 - Selected topics in Image Processing
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Deepview: Deep Learning based Users Field of View Selection in 360° Videos for Industrial Environments. IEEE Internet of Things Journal.
- (2021) Cross-modal guidance assisted hierarchical learning based siamese network for mr image denoising. Electronics. vol. 10 (22).
- (2021) Cross-Modality Guided Contrast Enhancement for Improved Liver Tumor Image Segmentation. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2020) Use of the IQRF Technology in Internet-of-Things-Based Smart Cities. IEEE Access.
- (2020) TCM: Temporal Consistency Model for Head Detection in Complex Videos. Journal of Sensors.
- (2020) Towards a video quality assessment based framework for enhancement of laparoscopic videos. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 11316.
- (2020) Semi-supervised Network for Detection of COVID-19 in Chest CT Scans. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Fast parallel vessel segmentation. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 192.
- (2020) GPU acceleration of liver enhancement for tumor segmentation. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 184.
- (2020) On the improvement of 2D quality assessment metrics for omnidirectional images. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2020 (9).
- (2020) Adaptive context encoding module for semantic segmentation. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 2020 (10).
- (2019) Blind Stereopair Quality Assessment Using Statistics of Monocular and Binocular Image Structures. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) A survey of stereoscopic 3D just noticeable difference models. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Just Noticeable Difference Model for Asymmetrically Distorted Stereoscopic Images. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. vol. 2019-May.
- (2019) Oblique end face coupling optical fiber sensor for point fuel level measurement. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) Reflected light intensity-modulated continuous liquid level sensor based on oblique end face coupling optical fibers. IEEE Sensors Journal.
- (2019) Road surface condition detection utilizing resonance frequency and optical technologies. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical. vol. 297.
- (2019) An Image Based Prediction Model for Sleep Stage Identification. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Disam: Density Independent and Scale Aware Model for Crowd Counting and Localization. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2019-September.
- (2019) Cross modality guided liver image enhancement of CT using MRI. European Workshop on Visual Information Processing. vol. 2019-October:8946196.