Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Faouzi Alaya Cheikh is a Professor of computer science at NTNU.
- BSc (Electronics) from the department of electrical engineering from ENIT, Tunisia, 1992
- MSc (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 1997
- Dr. Tech. (Signal Processing) from the Department of Information Technology, TUT, 2004
- Worked as Associate Professor at Gjøvik University College, 2006–2015
- Worked as researcher at TUT, 1994-2006
- Worked as Electronics engineer at Société Tunisienne de l´Éléctricité et du Gaz, Sousse, Tunisia 1992-1993
His research interests include e-Learning, 3D imaging, image and video processing and analysis, video-surveillance, biometrics, video-guided intervention, and content-based retrieval. He is member of the Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory (Colourlab)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) A survey of stereoscopic 3D just noticeable difference models. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Efficient enhancement of stereo endoscopic images based on joint wavelet decomposition and binocular combination. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 38 (1).
- (2019) Internal Emotion Classification Using EEG Signal With Sparse Discriminative Ensemble. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Multiscale deep desmoking for laparoscopic surgery. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10949:109491Y.
- (2018) Deep Smoke Removal from Minimally Invasive Surgery Videos. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2018) PedNet: A Spatio-Temporal Deep Convolutional Neural Network for Pedestrian Segmentation. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (9).
- (2018) A hierarchical feature model for multi-target tracking. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2018) Variational based smoke removal in laparoscopic images. Biomedical engineering online. vol. 17:139.
- (2018) Liver surface reconstruction for image guided surgery. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 1057:105762H6.
- (2018) Can image enhancement be beneficial to find smoke images in laparoscopic surgery?. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference). vol. 2018-November.
- (2017) No-reference stereo image quality assessment based on joint wavelet decomposition and statistical models. Signal processing. Image communication. vol. 54.
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) A novel method for planning liver resections using deformable Bezier surfaces and distance maps. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. vol. 144.
- (2017) High-Performance Computation of Bézier Surfaces on Parallel and Heterogeneous Platforms. International journal of parallel programming.
- (2016) Automatic annotation of lecture videos for multimedia driven pedagogical platforms. Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal. vol. 8 (4).
- (2016) Intra-operative modeling of the left Atrium: A simulation approach using poisson surface reconstruction. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9805.
- (2016) Surface reconstruction for planning and navigation of liver resections. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics. vol. 53.
- (2015) Neural networks based visual attention model for surveillance videos. Neurocomputing. vol. 149 (Part C).
- (2015) Efficient inter-view bit allocation methods for stereo image coding. IEEE transactions on multimedia. vol. 17 (6).
- (2012) Multipeople tracking across multiple cameras. International Journal of New Computer Architectures and their Applications (IJNCAA). vol. 2 (1).