Dag Werner Breiby
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dag W. Breiby received his Ph.D. in physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2003. He heads the section for Porous Media Physics, which is associated with the Centre of Excellence SFF PoreLab (https://www.porelab.no). He was a postdoctoral fellow at Research Centre Risø DTU and at University of Copenhagen (2003 - 2006). He was hired as associate professor at his alma mater in 2007 and has been full professor since 2013. Since 2015 he is also adjoint professor at the University of South-Eastern Norway (USN). He is co-responsible for running the X-ray laboratory at the Department of Physics. His main research interests focus on structure-property relations in functional materials, with special emphasis advanced X-ray diffraction and imaging studies. Many of the research projects are strongly linked to environmental and climate challenges and how to develop a sustainable future.
As project leader:
Research Council of Norway, FRINATEK 2018 - 2023, 4D CT (~12 mnok).
Research Council of Norway, NANO2021 2018 - 2024, CompMic (~10 mnok).
Research Council of Norway, NANO2021 2020 - 2024, PoreFlow (~8 mnok).
HORIZON2020 INFRAIA 2021 - 2026, Excite
Research Council of Norway, FRINATEK 2020 - 2024, ICONIC
Direct supervision: Aldritt Scaria Madathiparambil, Kim Robert Bjørk Tekseth, Fazel Mirzaei.
Co-supervision: Daniyal Younas, Mojde Hasanzade (USN), Mahdieh Gholami (USN)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Quantifying the hydroxyapatite orientation near the ossification front in a piglet femoral condyle using X-ray diffraction tensor tomography. Scientific Reports. vol. 11:2144.
- (2020) Nanoscale imaging of shale fragments with coherent X-ray diffraction. Journal of Applied Crystallography. vol. 53.
- (2020) Real time 3D observations of Portland Cement Carbonation at CO2 storage conditions. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 54 (13).
- (2020) Fourier ptychographic microscopy using Fresnel propagation with reduced number of images. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 11351.
- (2020) X-ray computed tomography investigation of dilation of mineral-filled PVC under monotonic loading. Mechanics of materials (Print). vol. 142.
- (2020) A technique for in situ X-ray computed tomography of deformation-induced cavitation in thermoplastics. Polymer testing. vol. 91.
- (2019) Computed X-ray Tomography Study of Carbonate Precipitation in Large Portland Cement Pores. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 19 (10).
- (2019) Probing Organic Thin Films by Coherent X‑ray Imaging and X‑ray Scattering. ACS Applied Polymer Materials. vol. 1.
- (2018) Tuning and Tracking of Coherent Shear Waves in Molecular Films. ACS Omega. vol. 3 (8).
- (2018) 3D Maps of Mineral Composition and Hydroxyapatite Orientation in Fossil Bone Samples Obtained by X-ray Diffraction Computed Tomography. Scientific Reports. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Degradation of the chemotherapy drug 5-fluorouracil on medical-grade silver surfaces. Applied Surface Science. vol. 435.
- (2018) In situ coherent X-ray diffraction imaging of radiation-induced mass loss in metal-polymer composite spheres. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation. vol. 25 (4).
- (2018) High-resolution coherent x-ray diffraction imaging of metal-coated polymer microspheres. Optical Society of America. Journal A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision (JOSA A). vol. 35 (1).
- (2017) In-situ X-ray tomography study of cement exposed to CO2 saturated brine. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 51 (16).
- (2017) Closing of Micro-cavities in Well Cement upon Exposure to CO2 Brine. Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
- (2017) Direct Observation of Microparticle Porosity Changes in Solid-State Vaterite to Calcite Transformation by Coherent X-ray Diffraction Imaging. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 17 (8).
- (2017) Probing the bulk heterojunction morphology in thermally annealed active layers for polymer solar cells. Organic electronics. vol. 41.
- (2017) On determining the Poisson's ratio of viscoelastic polymer microparticles using a flat punch test. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 128-129.
- (2016) Laser recrystallization and inscription of compositional microstructures in crystalline SiGe-core fibres. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2016) Wafer-level fabrication and characterization of amorphous thin films MoS2 prepared by RF magnetron sputtering technique. ECS Transactions. vol. 75 (13).