Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Education and work:
- Post Doc, present
- PhD in Molecular Medicine, NTNU, 2012
- Cand. Scient. in Cell and Molecular Biology, NTNU, 2004
- Staff Engineer Norwegian Microarray Consortium, NTNU, 2004-2005
- Fat degradation in cancer cachexia
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) and cancer
- Cell cultivation
- Gene expression studies using microarrays (Affymetrix)
- Western blotting
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) A randomized phase II feasibility trial of a multimodal intervention for the management of cachexia in lung and pancreatic cancer. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle. vol. 8.
- (2016) DHA-induced stress response in human colon cancer cells - Focus on oxidative stress and autophagy. Free Radical Biology & Medicine. vol. 90.
- (2012) Bioactive fatty acids reduce development of gastric cancer following duodenogastric reflux in rats. Surgical Science. vol. 3.
- (2011) Tetradecylthioacetic acid inhibits proliferation of human SW620 colon cancer cells - gene expression profiling implies endoplasmic reticulum stress. Lipids in Health and Disease. vol. 10.
- (2010) DHA alters expression of target proteins of cancer therapy in chemotherapy resistant SW620 colon cancer cells. Nutrition and Cancer. vol. 62 (5).
- (2009) Genome-Wide Profile of Pleural Mesothelioma versus Parietal and Visceral Pleura: The emerging Gene Portrait of the Mesothelioma Phenotype. PLoS ONE. vol. 4 (8).
- (2009) The Antiproliferative Effect of EPA in HL60 Cells is Mediated by Alterations in Calcium Homeostasis. Lipids. vol. 44 (2).
- (2008) DHA induces ER stress and growth arrest in human colon cancer cells: association with cholesterol and calcium homeostasis. Journal of Lipid Research. vol. 49.
- (2008) The antiproliferative effect of EPA in HL60 cells is mediated by alterations in calcium homeostasis. Lipids.
- (2005) Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by DHA leads to growth arrest of human colon cancer cells. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. vol. 136 (2).
- (2004) Co-ordinated changes in gene expression induced by docosahexaenoic acid in a colon cancer cell line. 2004.