Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Bruheim group focuses on Deep Phenotyping of prokaryotic and eukaryotic model systems using Advanced Cultivation Technology and Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics, Fluxomics and Lipidomics (http://www.ntnu.edu/biotech/research/microbial-biotechnology/bruheim-lab). Bruheim is scientific leader of the NT faculty Mass Spectrometry lab (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab). We have developed a suite of target and non-target MS methods (http://www.ntnu.edu/nt-mslab/metabolomics) which we apply on a range of biological model systems and research questions.
Bruheim is Deputy Head of Department with responsibilities in Education and is the leader of the 2-years and 5-years study programs in Biotechnology (MSBIOTECH and MBIOT5). He teaches in TBT4140 Biochemical Engineering, TBT4500 Biotechnology Specialization Project, TBT4110 Microbiology, BT3220 Advanced Biotechnology, TKP4170/71 Process Designs, Projects Biochemical Engineering Plant Design, BT8105 Prokaryote Molecular Biology and Synthetic Biology, MEDT8010 Metabolomics - Methods and Applications
Trond Mohn Stiftelse: “Targeting AMR by inhibition of bacterial stress responses” (2019-2022)
NTNU Biotechnology programme: “Chemically defined cell culture media” (2019-2021)
NFR Digital Life/ Biotek2021: “DigiSal – Towards the Digital Salmon: From a reactive to a pre-emptive research strategy in aquaculture” (2016 - 2020)
NFR Digital Life/ Biotek2021: “INBioPharm - Integrated Novel Natural Product Discovery and Production Platform for Accelerated Biopharmaceutical Innovation from Microbial Biodiversity” (2016 - 2020)
NFR Digital Life/ Biotek2011:” AurOmega - Microbial production of omega-3 fatty acids - a model based approach (2017-2021)
NTNU Biotechnology programme: “Development and Application of Fluxomics tools for the study of cellular phenotypes” (2015-2019)
NTNU Helse: “Inhibition of bacterial mutagenesis and attacking a new antibacterial target with novel peptides and small molecules” (2018-2021)
NTNU IBT: “Inhibition of antibiotic resistance development through targeting bacterial translesion synthesis mechanism with novel peptide drugs” (2017-2021)
NTNU IBT: “Genetic and molecular investigation of Norwegian Farmhouse Ale yeasts” (2013 – ongoing MSc projects) (2013-)
8-10 ad hoc Metabolomics/ Fluxomics Lipidomics projects (NT-faculty, NTNU, National, International)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Increased salt tolerance in Zymomonas mobilis strain generated by adaptative evolution. Microbial Cell Factories. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) Metabolic Profiling of Glucose-Fed Metabolically Active Resting Zymomonas mobilis Strains. Metabolites. vol. 10 (81).
- (2020) Zwitterionic HILIC tandem mass spectrometry with isotope dilution for rapid, sensitive and robust quantification of pyridine nucleotides in biological extracts. Journal of chromatography. B. vol. 1144.
- (2020) Absolute Quantification of the Central Carbon Metabolome in Eight Commonly Applied Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Model Systems. Metabolites. vol. 10 (74).
- (2019) Improvement of acetaldehyde production in Zymomonas mobilis by engineering of its aerobic metabolism. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Fluopsin C for treating multidrug-resistant infections: In vitro activity aganist clinically important strains and in vivo efficacy against carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Demyelinating polyneuropathy in goats lacking prion protein. The FASEB Journal. vol. 34 (2).
- (2019) Unexpected Heterocyclization of Electrophilic Alkenes by Tetranitromethane in the Presence of Triethylamine. Synthesis of 5-Nitroisoxazoles. Journal of Organic Chemistry. vol. 84 (6).
- (2019) Gene expression studies and targeted metabolomics reveal disturbed serine, methionine, and tyrosine metabolism in early hypertensive nephrosclerosis. Kidney International Reports. vol. 4 (2).
- (2018) The role of PCNA as a scaffold protein in cellular signaling is functionally conserved between yeast and humans. FEBS Open Bio. vol. 8 (7).
- (2018) Anti-Cancer Potential of Homemade Fresh Garlic Extract Is Related to Increased Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Nutrients. vol. 10 (4).
- (2018) Improved phosphometabolome profiling applying isotope dilution strategy and capillary ion chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of chromatography. B. vol. 1083.
- (2018) "Two hits - one stone" increased efficacy of cisplatin-based therapies by targeting PCNA's role in both DNA repair and cellular signaling. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (65).
- (2015) Metabolic markers in blood can separate prostate cancer from benign prostatic hyperplasia. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 113.
- (2015) Untargeted metabolomic analysis of urine samples in the diagnosis of some inherited metabolic disorders. Biomedical Papers of the Faculty of Medicine of Palacky University. vol. 159 (4).
- (2015) Fast filtration sampling protocol for mammalian suspension cells tailored for phosphometabolome profiling by capillary ion chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of chromatography. B. vol. 998-999.
- (2015) Fluxome study of Pseudomonas fluorescens reveals major reorganisation of carbon flux through central metabolic pathways in response to inactivation of the anti-sigma factor MucA. BMC Systems Biology. vol. 9:6.
- (2015) Transcriptional regulation of lipid accumulation in phosphorus limited Nannochloropsis oceanica. European journal of phycology. vol. 50.
- (2015) Biological control of Botrytis cinerea and plant growth promotion potential by Penicillim citrinum in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Biocontrol science and technology (Print). vol. 25 (7).
- (2014) Increased anticancer efficacy of intravesical mitomycin C therapy when combined with a PCNA targeting peptide. Translational Oncology. vol. 7 (6).