Birthe Loa Knizek
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Meaning-making: an underestimated resource for health? : A discussion of the value of meaning-making in the conservation and restoration of health and well-being. Encyclopaideia. Journal of phenomenology and education.
- (2020) Substance use and suicide among men in Ghana: A qualitative study. Current Psychology.
- (2020) "Time to try something new" - Professionals` experiences and reflections on suicide prevention in Norway. Crisis.
- (2020) “ … I felt completely stranded”: Liminality and recognition of personhood in the experiences of suicidal women admitted to psychiatric hospital. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 15 (1).
- (2020) Health care professionals’ perspectives on barriers to treatment seeking for formal health services among orphan children and adolescents with HIV/AIDS and mental distress in a rural district in central, Uganda. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health (CAPMH). vol. 14 (26).
- (2019) Reasons for attempting suicide: An exploratory study in Ghana. Transcultural Psychiatry. vol. 56 (1).
- (2019) Societal Reactions to Suicide in Ghana: A Qualitative Study of Experiences of the Bereaved. Crisis.
- (2019) Problematic advice from suicide prevention experts. Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry : an International Journal of Critical Inquiry. vol. 20 (2).
- (2019) Epistemological differences in the discussion of the interpersonal theory of suicide: A reply to the response. Death Studies.
- (2019) Health care professional's perspectives on physcal activity within the Ugandan mental health care system. Mental Health and Physical Activity. vol. 16.
- (2019) The experience of mental health service users in health systems strengthening: lessons from Uganda. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. vol. 13 (60).
- (2018) ‘Walking a tightrope’: Reflections on police gatekeeping in suicide research in Ghana. International Journal of Social Research Methodology: Theory and Practice. vol. 21 (3).
- (2018) Suicide among men in Ghana: The burden of masculinity. Death Studies. vol. 42 (10).
- (2018) Bedre omsorg, færre selvmord?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 138 (3).
- (2018) Former suicidal inpatients' experiences of treatment and care in psychiatric wards in Norway. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 13:1461514 (1).
- (2018) The emperor's new clothes? A critical look at the interpersonal theory of suicide. Death Studies.
- (2018) To die or not to die: a qualitative study of men's suicidality in Norway. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 18 (1).
- (2018) Cultural responses towards the aftermath of suicide among the Acholi in Northern Uganda. International Journal of Social Psychiatry. vol. 64 (6).
- (2018) Former Work Life and People With Dementia. Advances in Nursing Science. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) The Coping Mechanisms and Strategies of Hypertension Patients in Ghana: The Role of Religious Faith, Beliefs and Practices. Journal of religion and health.