Bård Eirik Kulseng
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dr. Bård Kulseng (overlege, PhD, Professor II) er leder av Senter for Fedmeforskning og Innovasjon ved St. Olavs Hospital i Trondheim, og har mer enn 25 års erfaring innen forskning og klinisk erfaring innen endokrinologi og fedmebehandling.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Modeling Obesity in Norway (The MOON Study): A Decision-Analytic Approach—Prevalence, Costs, and Years of Life Lost. Medical decision making.
- (2020) Changes in the homeostatic appetite system after weight loss reflect a normalization towards a lower body weight. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 105 (7).
- (2020) Intravenous Iron Treatment in the Prevention of Iron Deficiency and Anaemia After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 30 (5).
- (2020) The Impact of Post-bariatric Abdominoplasty on Secondary Weight Regain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Frontiers in Endocrinology. vol. 11:459.
- (2019) Investigating the effect of sex and ketosis on weight-loss-induced changes in appetite. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. vol. 109 (6).
- (2019) Physiological predictors of weight regain at 1-year follow-up in weight-reduced adults with obesity. Obesity. vol. 27 (6).
- (2019) Patient satisfaction more than ten years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Enhancing knowledge and coordination in obesity treatment: a case study of an innovative educational program. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19.
- (2019) Assessment of self-rated health 5 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for severe obesity. BJS Open. vol. 3 (6).
- (2019) Less secondary weight regain from nadir to five years among patients undergoing abdominoplasty after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 29.
- (2019) Diagnoses related to abuse of alcohol and addictive substances after gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a nation-wide registry study from Norway. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. vol. 16 (4).
- (2018) The impact of rate of weight loss on body composition and compensatory mechanisms during weight reduction: A randomized control trial. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 37 (4).
- (2018) Impact of weight loss achieved through a multidisciplinary intervention on appetite in patients with severe obesity. American Journal of Physiology. Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 315 (1).
- (2018) Investigation of the long-term sustainability of changes in appetite after weight loss. International Journal of Obesity.
- (2018) Timeline of changes in adaptive physiological responses, at the level of energy expenditure, with progressive weight loss. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 120 (2).
- (2018) High-Frequency of Computer Tomography and Surgery for Abdominal Pain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 28 (9).
- (2017) Compensatory mechanisms activated with intermittent energy restriction: a randomized trial. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 37 (3).
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5:e000368.
- (2017) The effect of hypergastrinemia following sleeve gastrectomy and pantoprazole on type 2 diabetes mellitus and beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) High-intensity interval training, appetite, and reward value of food in the obese. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (9).