Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dr. Bård Kulseng (overlege, PhD, Professor II) er leder av Senter for Fedmeforskning og Innovasjon ved St. Olavs Hospital i Trondheim, og har mer enn 25 års erfaring innen forskning og klinisk erfaring innen endokrinologi og fedmebehandling.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) The impact of rate of weight loss on body composition and compensatory mechanisms during weight reduction: A randomized control trial. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 37 (4).
- (2018) Timeline of changes in adaptive physiological responses, at the level of energy expenditure, with progressive weight loss. British Journal of Nutrition. vol. 120 (2).
- (2018) Impact of weight loss achieved through a multidisciplinary intervention on appetite in patients with severe obesity. American Journal of Physiology. Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 315 (1).
- (2018) Investigation of the long-term sustainability of changes in appetite after weight loss. International Journal of Obesity.
- (2018) High-Frequency of Computer Tomography and Surgery for Abdominal Pain After Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Obesity Surgery. vol. 28 (9).
- (2017) Compensatory mechanisms activated with intermittent energy restriction: a randomized trial. Clinical Nutrition. vol. 37 (3).
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5:e000368.
- (2017) The effect of hypergastrinemia following sleeve gastrectomy and pantoprazole on type 2 diabetes mellitus and beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats. Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) High-intensity interval training, appetite, and reward value of food in the obese. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (9).
- (2017) Biochemical profiling of diabetes disease progression by multivariate vibrational microspectroscopy of the pancreas. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:6646.
- (2017) Timeline of changes in appetite during weight loss with a ketogenic diet. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 41.
- (2017) Time-restricted feeding on weekdays restricts weight gain: A study using rat models of high-fat diet-induced obesity. Physiology and Behavior. vol. 173.
- (2017) Bariatric surgery versus lifestyle interventions for severe obesity: 5-year changes in body weight, risk factors and comorbidities. Clinical Obesity. vol. 7 (3).
- (2016) Intragastric Injection of Botulinum Toxin a to Treat Obesity: Mechanism of Action and a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial With Open-Label Extension Study. Gastroenterology. vol. 150 (4).
- (2016) Exploring lifestyle and risk in preventing type 2 diabetes-a nested qualitative study of older participants in a lifestyle intervention program (VEND-RISK). BMC Public Health. vol. 16 (876).
- (2016) Sleeve gastrectomy, but not duodenojejunostomy, preserves total beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats evaluated by three-dimensional optical projection tomography. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Vagal blocking for obesity control: a possible mechanism-of-action. Obesity Surgery. vol. 27 (1).
- (2016) High-intensity interval training and isocaloric moderate-intensity continuous training results in similar improvements in body composition and fitness in obese individuals. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. vol. 26 (3).
- (2016) Steady-state energy balance in animal models of obesity and weight loss. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 52 (4).
- (2016) Increased bioavailability of methadone following sleeve gastrectomy - a planned case observation. Clinical Therapeutics. vol. 38 (6).