LENG001E - English 1 (1-7)
Vurderingsordning: Samlet vurdering
|Skriftlig eksamen||51/100||3 timer||EGNE NOTAT|
English 1 1-7 Erasmus (15 ECTS credits) is divided into three core components:
· Reading, writing and oral skills.
· Knowledge about language (grammar).
· Working with texts: literature and culture.
· has introductory knowledge about relevant vocabulary and the grammatical structure of English, with an emphasis on similarities and differences between English and Norwegian, as well as an insight into cultural conventions of language use.
· has introductory knowledge about teaching English to young learners and challenges relating to the transition from the introductory stage to the final stage of the primary level.
· has basic knowledge about the importance of basic skills to learning and development, and about processes which can promote these in the English subject.
· has familiarity with the current English subject curriculum and the relation to the European language framework.
· has familiarity with various teaching material and text books which can be used in teaching at primary level.
· has knowledge about adapted teaching for this age group of pupils.
· has familiarity with genres and their central characteristics, as well as norms for academic text production, critical use of sources and copyright.
· has a basic understanding for the learning potential which various learning arenas, such as digital media, contribute within the primary level.
· can use English confidently and functionally, both verbally and in writing, in a manner adapted to the target group of learners in various situations, and be a good role model of language use for the pupils.
· can plan, lead and assess pupils learning in a manner which takes into consideration the diversity of the group when it comes to individual needs as well as various cultural and language backgrounds.
· can supervise pupils in their language development by making them aware of how the language is structured, so that they can make use of differences and similarities between their native language and English.
· can arrange for a safe learning environment with varied, differentiated and meaningful teaching methods which promote the development of listening, writing, reading and speaking skills and a gradually increasing vocabulary for all pupils.
· can follow an assessment practice which aims at promoting further learning for the pupils.
· can apply subject knowledge didactically and reflectively in relation to the current curriculum for primary education and critically evaluate ones own teaching.
· can arrange for pupils work with English texts, and exploration of ways of life and cultural expressions in English-speaking countries in relation to their own culture, focusing on written, oral and multi-modal text for children.
· can use digital tools in the work with promoting language learning and conveying relevant subject knowledge.
· can convey relevant subject knowledge and communicate in English in a way which is adapted to the target group.
· can reflect on ones own learning and practice in relation to ethical values and the schools responsibility for children and youths learning and personal development.
· can work independently and in cooperation with others in order to solve particular problems connected to pupils learning and development in the English subject.
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
The students are expected to acquire skills through independent study outside of the organized teaching, through group work and the digital learning platform.
English is the language of teaching and communication. Students are expected to use the language actively in the teaching as well as in written and verbal communication with fellow students and teachers. Furthermore, the students are expected to use the University Colleges library actively and prepare for planned teaching.
Through process- and product oriented work with written texts and self-assessment of these, in addition to presentations and active participation in the teaching, the student is ensured coinfluence as well as supervision in the progression of his/her studies.
The English subject comprises many different components which are closely connected. To achieve a complete learning outcome in the subject, the students must have an insight into the components and an understanding of the connections between them. The curriculum presupposes active participation throughout the entire study process.
- Obligatoriske arbeidskrav
Mer om vurdering
Obligatory course work is included throughout the course; written, verbal and digital. The course has the following obligatory coursework:
- 3 written assignments in grammar
- 1 oral presentation
- 1 text assignment
- participation in 8 individual response tasks on the digital learning platform and/or in the classroom.
When working with the individual response tasks in the classroom, student attendance is obligatory.
Obligatory coursework will be evaluated as approved/not approved.
Obligatory course work must be approved before one can sit for the exam. Candidates who are in danger of being refused to take the exam due. missing work requirements shall be notified of this, cf. current study regulations at NTNU.
Component 1: Oral group exam in didactics. The exam has a 24-hour preparation time.
Component 2: Individual written exam in English grammar.
The candidate must pass both components to receive an overall grade in English 1 1-7 (15 ECTS credits).
See current study regulations at NTNU
Vurderingsmelding krever godkjent undervisningsmelding samme semester. Obligatorisk aktivitet fra tidligere semester kan godkjennes av instituttet.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Grunnskolelærerutdanning 1-7 (LTGLU1-7)
Samfunnsvitenskapelige fag (EMNE/SV)
A good command of English from secondary education
The reading list will be posted on Blackboard prior to semester start.
Vurderingsordning: Samlet vurdering
|Høst||UTS||Skriftlig eksamen||51/100||EGNE NOTAT||29.11.2017||09:00|
|Vår||ORD||Skriftlig eksamen||51/100||EGNE NOTAT||01.06.2018||09:00|
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato.