MekIT’19 - 10th National Conference on Computational Mechanics
The 10th in the series of MekIT-conferences will be held at NTNU in Trondheim 3rd and 4th June 2019. These conferences have been arranged biennially in odd-numbered years since 2001. The intention of the MekIT-conferences has all the time been to bring together those involved in Computational Mechanics in Norway, both in industry and academia, to share their experiences and report on their research in an informal and friendly setting. The conferences have from the very beginning aimed to cover all sub-areas of Computational Mechanics and not only computational solid mechanics and computational fluid dynamics. We hope that this conference series demonstrates that computational mechanics is a viable research tool by which both human curiosity and industrial needs can be satisfied by scrutinizing the laws of classical mechanics, provided that adequate numerical methods are implemented in reliable software, and efficient computers are available.
The title of prospective presentations, together with the name(s) of those involved in the work, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th March. Notification of acceptance will be given within a week. Complete manuscripts, aimed for inclusion in the conference proceedings, are due 1st June. The submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by members of the scientific committee and, after acceptance, included in the proceedings which will be published by CIMNE (International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering).
- Helge Andersson, Dept. of Energy and Process Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim (Co-chair)
- Hans Bihs, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim
- John Grue, Department of Mathematics, UiO, Oslo
- Trond Kvamsdal, Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU, Trondheim
- Mikael Mortensen, Department of Mathematics, UiO, Oslo
- Muk C Ong, Dept. of Mechanical and Structural Eng. and Materials Science, UiS, Stavanger
- Bjørnar Pettersen, Dept. of Marine Technology, NTNU, Trondheim
- Bjørn Skallerud, Dept. of Structural Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim (Co-chair)
- Geir Skeie, DNV GL, Oslo
- Magnus Svärd, Department of Mathematics, UiB, Bergen
In order to give an impression of the present state-of-the art in Computational Mechanics, three keynote lectures will be delivered by carefully selected scientists. We are pleased to announce the following keynote speakers (confirmed) at MekIT’19:
- Professor Eric Lamballais, Université de Poitiers, France (leading specialist in development and usage of advanced numerical methods for large-eddy simulations (LES) and direct numerical simulations (DNS))
- Professor Robert McMeeking, University of California at Santa Barbara (renown for research in mechanics of materials, including composites and biomaterials).
MeSubmission of manuscript:
Professor Bjørn Skallerud
Dep Structural Engineering, NTNU
Registration of presentations and other correspondence:
Professor Helge Andersson
Dep Energy and Process Engineering, NTNU