Tore Andreas Helgedagsrud
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Avoiding severe wind induced vibrations is one of the major concerns when designing long span bridges. Several bridges that will extend present bridge technology are currently under planning in Norway. These bridges will require new insight into modelling of wind forces on bridge decks to ensure an economic and reliable design. The true multiphysics behavior of such a problem can only be captured by utilizing a computational tool that combines the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and the Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) in a single-pass simulation.
The main objective of my work is to utilize the combination of wind-tunnel experimental testing and state of the art FSI methods to create new and improved load models that may be used to optimize the cross-sections for flutter instabilities of long span suspension bridges. This is achieved through a close collaboration between School of Engineering, Brown University, where Professor Yuri Bazilevs is well recognized for his contributions to isogemetric formulation of CFD/FSI problems, and the Structural Dynamics Group at NTNU with extensive knowledge on design of long span bridges.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Isogeometric Modeling and Experimental Investigation of Moving-Domain Bridge Aerodynamics. Journal of engineering mechanics. vol. 145 (5).
- (2019) Using ALE-VMS to compute aerodynamic derivatives of bridge sections. Computers & Fluids. vol. 179.
- (2019) Modeling and Simulation of Bridge-Section Buffeting Response in Turbulent Flow. Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences. vol. 29 (5).
- (2019) ALE-VMS methods for wind-resistant design of long-span bridges. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 191.
- (2019) Computational and experimental investigation of free vibration and flutter of bridge decks. Computational Mechanics. vol. 63 (1).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2017) Using ALE-VMS to compute wind forces on moving bridge decks. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2017) A comparative study of beam element formulations for nonlinear analysis: corotatinal vs. geometrically exact formulations. MekIT’17 - Ninth national conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2015) On Locking-free Methods for Isogeometric Large Deformation Analysis of Geometrically Exact Three-dimensional Beams. Proceedings of MekIT'15 Eighth National Conference on Computational Mechanics.