Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I might forget to update this page. You might want to check out my personal homepage (you can also read some cool articles and recorded lectures): https://lightbits.github.io
In 2015 I co-founded Ascend NTNU with five others. We are a robotics group physically present at the roof of El-bygget. We build drones that can fly and do stuff by themselves (for hopefully good causes), and participate in the annual International Aerial Robotics Competition (held in USA and China). I wrote some simulation tools for the AI group, and did a bunch of computer vision stuff to let the drone know where it is in the world.
I once gave a talk about computer vision where I talked about some of my work at Ascend, and also gave an introduction to computer vision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8jiQ6PqcM
I also gave a talk about visualizing programs and a debugging tool that I have worked on for a while: https://lightbits.github.io/vdb/
Since 2017 I am a Ph.D student at Engineering Cybernetics (ITK). My work is basically about computer vision in the air. Here are some keywords that might strike you fancy for a conversation:
- Teleoperation of small flying vehicles
- SLAM, visual odometry, localization, pose estimation, multi-view stereo, sfm
- Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- 3D mapping and intuitive visualization for pilots
- 3D mapping optimized for human consumption instead of algorithm input
- 3D mapping with low resolution sensors
- 3D mapping with lidar, radar, cameras, proximity sensors, and so on
- Alternative and highly experimental remote controllers for pilots
If you want to be angry together, feel free to ask me about incentives and anti-patterns in academic publishing, or moral and ethical responsibilities in open-source software.