Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My personal homepage with articles and recorded lectures: https://lightbits.github.io
I co-founded Ascend NTNU in 2015. This is a robotics group at the roof of El-bygget that builds autonomous drones for hopefully good causes, and participate in the annual International Aerial Robotics Competition.
I once gave a talk about computer vision and my work at Ascend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8jiQ6PqcM
I also gave a talk about a debugging tool I have worked on for a while: https://lightbits.github.io/vdb/
My master thesis introduced constructive solid geometry to SLAM.
Since 2017 I am a Ph.D student at Engineering Cybernetics (ITK). My work is basically about computer vision in the air. Here are some keywords that might strike you fancy for a conversation:
- Teleoperation of small flying vehicles
- SLAM, visual odometry, localization, pose estimation, multi-view stereo, sfm
- Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- 3D mapping for pilot visualization
- 3D mapping with low resolution sensors
Main supervisor: Annette Stahl
Co-supervisors: Edmund Brekke, Tor Arne Johansen
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Continuous Signed Distance Functions for 3D Vision. 2017 International Conference on 3D Vision (3DV).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2020) Iterative Closest Point with Minimal Free Space Constraints. Advances in Visual Computing.
- (2020) Minimal Free Space Constraints for Implicit Distance Bounds. Advances in Visual Computing.
- (2017) 2017 International Conference on 3D Vision (3DV). 2017 International Conference on 3D Vision (3DV), Qingdao.