Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Graduated cum laude in Building Engineering in 2005 and Ph.D. cum laude in Building Engineering in 2012 at Politecnico di Milano, I am a professor at the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway.
Currently, I am a member and technical contributor to:
- the EBC Annex 66 project entitled Definition and Simulation of Occupant Behavior in Buildings,
- the EBC Annex 69 project entitled Strategy and Practice of Adaptive Thermal Comfort in Low Energy Buildings, both approved by the International Energy Agency.
- the Horizon 2020 European project QUANTUM entitled Quality management for building performance - improving energy performance by life cycle quality management, funded by the European Union.
In the last years, I was appointed an adjunct professor of Thermodynamics and Building Physics and Environmental Design at Politecnico di Milano.
From 2008 to 2013, I have been a member and technical contributor to the joint SHC Task 40 and ECBCS Annex 52 project entitled Towards Net Zero Energy Solar Buildings and approved by the International Energy Agency.
I am one of the authors of about 30 scientific papers and of five books and chapters dealing with building performance simulation, building physics, thermal and visual comfort, mathematical optimization, smart and zero-energy buildings and energy efficiency in buildings.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) An Analysis of the Most Adopted Rating Systems for Assessing the Environmental Impact of Buildings. Sustainability. vol. 9 (7).
- (2017) An Exergy Analysis for Milano Smart City. Energy Procedia. vol. 111.
- (2017) Assessing energy-smartness in smart cities. Building Services Engineering Research & Technology.
- (2017) The impact of climate change on the overheating risk in dwellings–A Dutch case study. Building and Environment. vol. 122.
- (2017) Boosting solar accessibility and potential of urban districts in the Nordic climate: A case study in Trondheim. Solar Energy. vol. 149.
- (2017) The impact of design ventilation rates on the indoor air quality in residential buildings: an Italian case study. Indoor + Built Environment.
- (2017) On occupant-centric building performance metrics. Building and Environment. vol. 122.
- (2017) Sustainable Energy in Cities: Methodology and Results of a Summer Course Providing Smart Solutions for a New District in Shanghai. Energy Procedia. vol. 111.
- (2016) The effect of spatial and temporal randomness of stochastically generated occupancy schedules on the energy performance of a multiresidential building. Energy and Buildings. vol. 127.
- (2016) A proposal of energy performance indicators for a reliable benchmark of swimming facilities. Energy and Buildings. vol. 129.
- (2016) A Review of Systems and Technologies for Smart Homes and Smart Grids. Energies. vol. 9 (5).
- (2016) Energy retrofit of a day care center for current and future weather scenarios. Procedia Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2016) International survey on current occupant modelling approaches in building performance simulation. Journal of Building Performance Simulation, Taylor & Francis.
- (2016) Energy retrofit for a climate resilient child care centre. Energy and Buildings. vol. 127.
- (2015) Impact of different thermal comfort models on zero energy residential buildings in hot climate. Energy and Buildings. vol. 102.
- (2015) Multi-objective optimization of a nearly zero-energy building based on thermal and visual discomfort minimization using a non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm (NSGA-II). Energy and Buildings. vol. 104.
- (2015) A review of indices for assessing visual comfort with a view to their use in optimization processes to support building integrated design. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 47.
- (2015) Retrofit of a Kindergarten Targeting Zero Energy Balance. Energy Procedia. vol. 78.
- (2014) Optimization of the installation of an Earth-to-Air Heat Exchanger and detailed design of a dedicated experimental set-up. Applied Mechanics and Materials. vol. 501-504.
- (2014) Statistical analysis of ranking capability of long-term thermal discomfort indices and their adoption in optimization processes to support building design. Building and Environment. vol. 75.