Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Richard Hann is a researcher at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) on the topic of icing on unmanned aerial vehicles. In 2013, he has graduated with excellence from the University of Stuttgart in Germany as an aerospace engineer. After working for three years the petroleum industry as an upstream project engineer, he returned to academia in 2016 to start a PhD on icing of unmanned aircraft. He is part of the Center of Excellence on Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (NTNU-AMOS) and Centre for Integrated Remote Sensing and Forecasting for Arctic Operations (CIRFA). Richard has more than 8 years of experience with numerical and experimental icing aerodynamics on wind turbines and aircraft. Today, he is one of the leading researchers in the emerging research field of icing on unmanned aircraft. He holds a position as lead aerodynamics engineer and shareholder at UBIQ Aerospace. Richard is also promoting the application of drone technology in the Arctic with several ongoing projects in the fields of meteorology, glaciology, and atmospheric pollution at the University Centre of Svalbard (UNIS).
- Aerospace engineering
- Anti- & de-icing
- Numerical simulations
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)
- Upstream static mechanical engineering
- Cold climate wind energy
- Environmental forensics
- Arctic fieldwork
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) UAV Icing: Ice Accretion Experiments and Validation. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-June (June).
- (2019) Experimental Investigations of an Icing Protection System for UAVs. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-June (June).
- (2019) Derivation of flow rate and calibration method for high-volume air samplers. Atmospheric Measurement Techniques. vol. 12 (9).
- (2016) Polychlorinated Biphenyls in tree bark near former manufacturing and incineration facilities in Sauget, Illinois, United States. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 50 (12).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2019) UAV Icing: Comparison of LEWICE and FENSAP-ICE for Anti-Icing Loads. AIAA Scitech 2019 Forum.
- (2018) Aerodynamic modeling of the Skywalker X8 Fixed-Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. 2018 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- (2018) UAV Icing: Comparison of LEWICE and FENSAP-ICE for Ice Accretion and Performance Degradation. 2018 Atmospheric and Space Environments Conference.
- (2017) Impact of Atmospheric Icing on UAV Aerodynamic Performance. 2017 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS).