Nadra J. Nilsen
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Research Scientist at Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR) & K.G. Jebsen Center for Myeloma Research, Unit for Cell Biology
My research focuses on basic mechanisms of innate immunity. In particular, I am interested in how signaling pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) recognize and respond to microbial and endogenous components, and how this shapes the subsequent immune response. I am currently interested in how PRR signaling affects cancer progression, with emphasis on Multiple Myeloma and colorectal cancer.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Surface Toll-Like Receptor 3 Expression in Metastatic Intestinal Epithelial Cells induces Selective Cytokine Production and Promotes Invasiveness. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 292 (37).
- (2016) Caspase-8 regulates the expression of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells. Immunity,Inflammation and Disease. vol. 4 (3).
- (2015) A role for the adaptor proteins TRAM and TRIF in toll-like receptor 2 signaling. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 290 (6).
- (2013) Enhanced expression of CXCL10 in inflammatory bowel disease: Potential role of mucosal toll-like 3 receptor stimulation. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Enhanced expression of CXCL10 in inflammatory bowel disease-role of mucosal TLR3 stimulation. Journal of Crohn’s and Coltis Supplements. vol. 6.
- (2010) Toll-Like Receptor 2 (P631H) Mutant Impairs Membrane Internalization and is a Dominant Negative Allele. Scandinavian Journal of Immunology. vol. 71 (5).
- (2010) The Rab11a GTPase Controls Toll-like Receptor 4-Induced Activation of Interferon Regulatory Factor-3 on Phagosomes. Immunity. vol. 33 (4).
- (2009) A proviral role for CpG in cytomegalovirus infection. Journal of Immunology. vol. 182 (9).
- (2008) Cellular trafficking of lipoteichoic acid and Toll-like receptor 2 in relation to signaling; role of CD14 and CD36. Journal of Leukocyte Biology. vol. 84.
- (2005) Binding of lipopeptide to CD14 induces physical proximity of CD14, TLR2 and TLR1. European Journal of Immunology. vol. 35 (3).
- (2004) Biochemical analysis of the processive mechanism for epimerization of alginate by mannuronan C-5 epimerase AlgE4. Biochemical Journal.
- (2004) TLR9 signals after translocating from the ER to CpG DNA in the lysosome. Nature Immunology. vol. 5.
- (2004) Lipopolysaccharide and Double-stranded RNA Up-regulate Toll-like Receptor 2 Independently of Myeloid Differentiation Factor 88. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- (2003) Cutting edge: link between innate and adaptive immunity: Toll-like receptor 2 internalizes antigen for presentation to CD4+ T cells and could be an efficient vaccine target. Journal of Immunology. vol. 171 (1).
- (2016) Toll-Like Receptor 3 Signaling in Intestinal Epithelial Cells. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1492-9.
- (2008) Toll-like receptor 2 expression, regulation and signaling. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2008. ISBN 978-82-471-1072-0.