Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My main research interests are teacher education, professional development, mentoring and doctoral supervision, and assessment for and of learning.
I have worked as a school teacher for 18 years, before I became a teacher educator. I have acted as the Head of Teacher Education programs abroad as well as at the University of Bergen in Norway. From January 2015 I am the Head of the Norwegian National Research School in Teacher Education (NAFOL) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I have been active in the European Association for Research in Learning and Instruction (EARLI), previously as the Coordinator for the Assessment and Evaluation SIG (1) and till August 2015 as the Coordinator for Teaching and Teacher Education SIG 11. In 2013 I was one of the founders of the International Forum for Teacher Educator Professional Development (InFo-TED) an acted as the Coordinator of this forum till 2019. I am a member of international editorial boards of a number of scientif journals.
During my career numerous articles, book chapters and books have been published, and I have been fortunate to have given invited talks in Australia, New Zealand, China, Dubai, Korea, Singapore, Africa, USA, South America, Europe, Israel, and Norway.
- PLU8027 - Lærerutdanningsforskning
- PLU8018 - Profesjonsteori for lærerutdannere
- PLU8017 - Forskningsformidling
- PLU8014 - Akademisk skriving
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Students’ perceptions of assessment practices in upper secondary school during COVID-19. Teachers and Teaching: theory and practice.
- (2021) Educating teachers for the future school- the challenge of bridging between perceptions of quality teaching and policy decisions:reflections from Norway. European Journal of Teacher Education. vol. 44 (3).
- (2021) Meeting the Black Swan - Teacher educators' use of ICT- pre, during and eventually post Covid-19. Nordic Journal of Comparative and International Education (NJCIE). vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Entrance into teaching and need for support- narratives from diverse national and local contexts. NORDVEI- Nordisk tidsskrift i veiledningspedagogikk. vol. 6 (1).
- (2020) Moving from traditional to responsive mathematics classrooms: a proposition of an intervention model. Teacher Development. vol. 24 (3).
- (2020) Expansive Learning for Teacher Educators- The Story of the Norwegian National Research School in Teacher Education (NAFOL). Frontiers in Education. vol. 5.
- (2020) Universitetslektorer- en neglisjert profesjonsgruppe. UNIPED. vol. 43 (04).
- (2019) Educating Teacher Educators: International Perspectives. The New Educator. vol. 16 (1).
- (2019) Developing teachers’ responsive pedagogy in mathematics, does it lead to short-term effects on student learning?. Cogent Education. vol. 6 (1).
- (2019) Responsiv pedagogikk: Feedbackinteraksjoner i læring. Kognition & Pædagogik. vol. 29 (114).
- (2019) The Janus-Faced Teacher Educator. European Journal of Teacher Education. vol. 42 (4).
- (2019) Students' perceptions of teachers' feedback practice in teaching English as a foreign language. Teaching and Teacher Education : An International Journal of Research and Studies. vol. 85.
- (2018) Vegen frå å ha det til å ta det- å skape motstandsdyktige spelare i toppfotball. Journal for Research in Arts and Sports Education. vol. 2 (3).
- (2018) «Det handler om å finne sin egen form» Læreres profesjonelle handlingsrom − hvordan det blir forstått og utnyttet. Acta Didactica Norge. vol. 12 (1).
- (2018) Shared language of feedback and assessment. Perception of teachers and students in three Icelandic secondary schools. Studies in Educational Evaluation. vol. 56.
- (2018) Performing the pre-formed: Towards a conceptual framework for understanding teaching as curricular transformation. Designs for Learning. vol. 10 (1).
- (2018) Støtte og utvikling i jobben som ny lærerutdanner i Norge. UNIPED. vol. 41 (03).
- (2018) Lærerutdanneres profesjonelle utvikling. UNIPED. vol. 41 (4).
- (2017) Towards an ‘international forum for teacher educator development’: an agenda for research and action. European Journal of Teacher Education. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) Collaborative teacher educator professional development in Europe: different voices, one goal. Professional Development in Education. vol. 43 (4).