Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Researcher in population ecology at Centre for Biodiversity Dynamics (CBD)
My research focuses mainly on how spatial and temporal variation in the environment influence individuals and populations. I have in particular looked at how habitat characteristics such as forage availability and quality affect life history traits and habitat selection, and how individual responses to spatio-temporal variation in the environment in the end influence the population. My current research is connected to the Sustain-project, leading a workpackage on spatial structure of populations and ecosystems.
List of recent publications:
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2016) 'You shall not pass!': Quantifying barrier permeability and proximity avoidance by animals. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 85 (1).
- (2016) Lack of sex-specific movement patterns in an alien species at its invasion front - consequences for invasion speed. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 6 (16).
- (2016) Home ranges, habitat and body mass: Simple correlates of home range size in ungulates. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 283 (1845).
- (2016) Predicting the continuum between corridors and barriers to animal movements using Step Selection Functions and Randomized Shortest Paths. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 85 (1).
- (2015) Influence of migratory ungulate management on competitive interactions with resident species in a protected area. Ecosphere. vol. 6 (11:228).
- (2015) Age-specific survival and annual variation in survival of female chamois differ between populations. Oecologia. vol. 179 (4).
- (2015) Associational relationships at multiple spatial scales affect forest damage by moose. Forest Ecology and Management. vol. 348.
- (2015) Climatic conditions cause complex patterns of covariation between demographic traits in a long-lived raptor. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 84 (3).
- (2015) Individual and temporal variation in habitat association of an alien carnivore at its invasion front. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (3).
- (2014) Distance decay of similarity, effects of environmental noise and ecological heterogeneity among species in the spatio-temporal dynamics of a dispersal-limited community. Ecography. vol. 37 (2).
- (2014) Measuring effects of linear obstacles on wildlife movements: accounting for the relationship between step length and crossing probability. European Journal of Wildlife Research. vol. 60 (2).
- (2014) Population properties affect inbreeding avoidance in moose. Biology Letters. vol. 10 (12).
- (2014) Moose body mass variation revisited: Disentangling effects of environmental conditions and genetics. Oecologia. vol. 174 (2).
- (2014) Landscape characteristics explain large-scale variation in demographic traits in forest grouse. Landscape Ecology. vol. 29 (1).
- (2014) Spatial variation in the relationship between performance and metabolic rate in wild juvenile Atlantic salmon. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 83 (4).
- (2014) Long-term morphological changes in the skeleton of red deer (Artiodactyla, Cervidae) at its northern periphery. Journal of Mammalogy. vol. 95 (3).
- (2013) Selecting habitat to survive: The impact of road density on survival in a large carnivore. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (7).
- (2013) Effects of inbreeding on fitness-related traits in a small isolated moose population. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 3 (12).
- (2013) Fine Scale Genetic Structure in a Population of the Prehensile Tailed Skink, Corucia zebrata. Journal of Herpetology. vol. 47 (2).
- (2013) Inferring behavioural mechanisms in habitat selection studies getting the null-hypothesis right for functional and familiarity responses. Ecography. vol. 36 (3).
- (2012) Habitat quality influences population distribution, individual space use and functional responses in habitat selection by a large herbivore. Oecologia. vol. 168 (1).
- (2012) Landscape heterogeneity and the effect of environmental conditions on prairie wetlands. Landscape Ecology. vol. 27 (10).
- (2011) Genetic discontinuities in a continuously distributed and highly mobile ungulate, the Norwegian moose. Conservation Genetics. vol. 12 (5).
- (2011) Moose Alces alces habitat use at multiple temporal scales in a human-altered landscape. Wildlife Biology. vol. 17 (1).
- (2011) Genetic discontinuties in a continously distributed and highly mobile ungulate, the Norwegian moose. Conservation Genetics. vol. 12.
- (2011) Climate, icing and wild arctic reindeer: past relationships and future prospects. Ecology. vol. 92 (10).
- (2011) Large-scale spatiotemporal variation in road mortality of moose: Is it all about population density?. Ecosphere. vol. 2 (10).
- (2010) Population persistence in a landscape context: the case of endangered arctic fox populations in Fennoscandia. Ecography. vol. 33 (5).