Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My research topic is targeted local drug delivery using ultrasound and contrast agents. More specifically, we are using Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT) to deliver small and macromolecules to specific places in the body. Currently we are targeting tumor tissue and the brain. Next to pre-clinical therapy studies, we are conducting experiments to identifying the mechanisms leading to enhanced drug uptake and therapeutic efficacy as a response to acoustic cluster therapy.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Multi-modal characterization of vasculature and nanoparticle accumulation in five tumor xenograft models. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 279.
- (2018) The Effect of Sonication on Extravasation and Distribution of Nanoparticles and Dextrans in Tumor Tissue Imaged by Multiphoton Microscopy. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2018 (October).
- (2017) Ultrasound Improves the Delivery and Therapeutic Effect of Nanoparticle-Stabilized Microbubbles in Breast Cancer Xenografts. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43 (11).
- (2017) Efficient Enhancement of Blood–Brain Barrier Permeability Using Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT). Theranostics. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT) - pre-clinical proof of principle for local drug delivery and enhanced uptake. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 224.
- (2016) Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT) enhances the therapeutic efficacy of paclitaxel and Abraxane® for treatment of human prostate adenocarcinoma in mice. Journal of Controlled Release. vol. 236.