Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am a PhD student working on the residual service life of carbonated reinforced concrete structures through NFR project no. 235211/O30: Development of low-carbon cement for concrete building structures with excellent durability “Lavkarbsem” Subproject 2B “Residual Service Life”.
My supervisors are Professor Mette Geiker, Associate Professor Klaartje De Weerdt, both NTNU, and Post Doc Karla Hornbostel, SVV. Project leaders of Lavkarbsem Subproject 2B are Senior Advisor Steinar Helland and Head of Concrete Technology Department Nina Plünneke Borvik, Skanska Norge.
The Lavkarbsem project has two main goals:
1-Development of low-carbon footprint cement but without an increased carbonation rate.
2-Enable the use of service life prediction instead of deemed-to-safety approach.
Subproject 2B “Residual Service Life” focuses on the second goal.
Updated information of the project can be found in the following link:
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Carbonation-induced corrosion: Investigation of the corrosion onset. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 162.
- (2016) Carbonation Characterization of Mortar with Portland Cement and Fly Ash, Comparison of Techniques. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 54 (1).
- (2016) Karbonatisering av miljøvennlig betong. Byggeindustrien.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2017) SEM-EDS analysis of products formed under natural and accelerated carbonation of concrete with CEM I, CEM II/B-M and CEM II/B-V. NORDIC CONCRETE RESEARCH. Proceedings of the XXIII Nordic Concrete Research Symposium.
- (2017) Determination of the polarization resistance of steel in carbonated fly-ash concrete- effect of measurement technique. EUROCORR 2017- 20th International corrosion congress-Corrosion of Steel in Concrete.
- (2016) Investigation of the effect of partial replacement of Portland Cement by Fly Ash on carbonation using TGA and SEM-EDS. Proceedings of the International RILEM Conference Materials, Systems and Structures in Civil Engineering 2016 Segment on Concrete With Supplementary Cementitious Materials.
- (2015) Carbonation front characterization: pH colour indicators. Proceedings of the 35th Cement and Concrete Science Conference.
- (2017) State-of-the-art report: Service life modelling, carbonation of concrete and corrosion in carbonated concrete. 2017. ISBN 82-7482-106-8.
- (2016) Phenolphthalein and thymolphthalein for carbonation measurements. SINTEF akademisk forlag. 2016.