Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Alemu Moges Belay Has been a postdoctoral researcher at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
Current research: cost and benefit development for large road construction projects.
He obtained MSc. (Addis Ababa University) and PhD (university of Vaasa, Finand), exchange at NTNU.
He has been involved in several multi-disciplinary research projects and has experiences in industries.
Industrial engineering and management.
System dynamics and Engineering.
Lean, concurrent engineering, quality and process improvements.
Advanced decision making.
Operation and production management
Cost engineering and management
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Cost Estimation Methods for Transport Infrastructure: A Systematic Literature Review. Procedia Engineering. vol. 196.
- (2017) Do Longer Projects Have Larger Cost Deviation Than Shorter Construction Projects?. Procedia Engineering. vol. 196.
- (2016) Managing Concurrent Construction Projects Using Knowledge Management and Set-based Thinking. Procedia Engineering. vol. 164.
- (2016) A framework for Organizing a Resilient Cost Benefit Analysis for Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2016) Cost Development Over-time at Construction Planning Phase: Empirical Evidence from Norwegian Construction Projects. Procedia Engineering. vol. 145.
- (2014) Considering BPR and CE for faster product delivery: a case study in manufacturing firms. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management. vol. 13 (3).
- (2014) Adoption of quality management practices: An investigation of its relationship with labor productivity for labor-intensive manufacturing companies. Benchmarking : An International Journal. vol. 21 (1).
- (2014) Approaching lean product development using system dynamics: investigating front-load effects. Advances in Manufacturing. vol. 2 (2).
- (2013) Scaled critical factor index for optimal resource allocation in service and lean construction. International Journal of Sustainable Economy. vol. 5 (3).
- (2013) The impact of multi-criteria performance measurement on business performance improvement. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Lean Construction Practices and its Effects: A Case Study at St Olav’s Integrated Hospital, Norway. Lean Construction Journal. vol. 2012.
- (2011) Effects of quality management practices and concurrent engineering in business performance. International Journal of Business and Management. vol. 6 (3).
- (2011) Time-to-market and concurrent engineering in product development processes. International Journal of Innovation and Learning. vol. 10 (1).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2013) Lean thinking in product development : looking into front-load effects using a system dynamics approach. Proceedings of IWAMA 2013 - The Third International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation.
- (2012) System of Systems Thinking in Product Development Processes: A System Dynamic Approach. 2012 7th International Conference on System of Systems Engineering (SoSE 2012).
- (2017) Bridging strategic quality assurance (QA) regime with operational initiatives for better project decisions. 9th Nordic Conference on Construction Economics and Organization . Chalmers Technical University; Gothenburg. 2017-06-13 - 2017-06-14.
- (2016) Critical factors in construction operations and project management: effects and measurements on cost development. 23rd Euroma2016 European Operations Management Association,17th to the 22nd of June 2016, Trondheim. . Norwegian university of science and technology (NTNU); Trondheim. 2016-06-17 - 2016-06-22.
- (2016) Knowledge Management (KM) in Concurrent Construction Projects. Creative Construction Conference 2016 ; June 25–28, 2016 Budapest, Hungary. 2016-06-25 - 2016-06-28.
- (2012) System of Systems Thinking in Product Development Processes: A System Dynamic Approach. IEEE SOSE2012, 7th International Conference on System of Systems Engineering . IEEE SOSE2012; Genoa. 2012-07-16 - 2012-07-19.
- (2012) An Approach to Zero-loss in TPM Organizatins. Okoh, Peter; Belay, Alemu Moges. (2012) An Approach to Zero-loss in TPM Organizatins. Proceedings of IWAMA 2012 - The Second International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation. . NTNU; Trondheim. 2012-06-21 - 2012-06-22.
- (2010) Business process re-engineering and concurrent engineering:tools to improve performance. 14th International Conference on ISO 9000 and TQM . University of Scranton, Pennsylvania; Scranton, PA, United States of America. 2010-04-05 - 2010-04-07.
- (2009) Design for manufacturability and concurrent engineering for product development. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 240-246 . WASET; Dubai. 2009-01-28 - 2009-01-29.