MOL3014 - Nanomedisin I - bioanalyse
This course will cover fundamentals of bioanalysis and module integration for applications. In detail the course will contain:
Advanced protein and DNA chemistry. Methods for quantification and identification of DNA/RNA and protein with focus on technical principles and emerging nanotechnologies. Use of imaging in nanoscale for biomedical research. Microfluidics. Principles for and contruction of lab-on-a-chip and biosensors. Nanoneuroscience. This course is focused on technology rather than biology.
After completing the course MOL3014, the student should be able to:
- understand how nanotechnology can be tailored and used for biomedical purposes
- understand the problems and possibilities for analysis of proteins, nucleic acids and cells by micro fabricated devices and nanotechnological solutions
- outline fabrication procedures and general considerations for microfluidics
- understand how nano-relevant instruments such as focused ion beam scanning electron microscopes, atomic force microscopes and optical microscopes can be used in biomedicine
- perform simple micro fabrication procedure
- find, refer and consider relevant information
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
The syllabus of the course is defined by the learning objectives. The course is based on lectures given by experienced researchers within each theme. The course includes a compulsory project providing an in-depth review of the primary litterature, which will account for 25 % of the final grade. The project must be approved for the student to be eligible to sit for the exam.There might be simple lab exercises dependent on number of students enrolled. The language of instruction is English.
Mer om vurdering
Retake of the course: Both the assignment and the written exam must be re-taken.
Basic skills in molecular biology, cell biology, chemistry, physics. Most suited for students who have completed courses in basic molecular and cell biology.
All course material is based on lectures and a few articles.
Vurderingsordning: Skriftlig eksamen og øvinger
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato.