Kort biografi Maks 160 tegn [0/160]
Present position: Professor, MI Lab director
Degrees: MD, PhD [dr. med.]
1992. PhD in Medicine [dr. med.], NTNU, Trondheim, Norway. Thesis: “NMR spectroscopy of cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in rat”
1984. Medical Doctor, University of Bergen.
2007 Director of medical imaging centre (SFI) “MI Lab”
1998 - Professor in MR, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2006 - 07 Dean for research, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU
2005 - 05 Head of Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU
2002 - 05 Vice-head of Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, NTNU
1991 - 97 Research scientist, Sintef, Trondheim, Norway
1988 - 91 Research fellowship, the Research Council of Norway
1985 - 87 Hospital physician, Harstad and Trondheim, Norway
- Appointed by European Science Foundation to be main author of a Science Policy Briefing on “Medical Imaging for Improved Patient Care”
- Leader of “Whole animal imaging network” in the national FUGE technology platform in Molecular Imaging (NorMIC)
- Leader of “The Norwegian Interdisciplinary Research Training Programme in Medical Imaging”.
- Research leader, Department of Medical Imaging, St. Olavs Hospital
- NTNU contact person for European Technology Platform in Nanomedicine.
- Member of National User Committee for the PET Centre in Oslo
Main Research Interests
- Clinical and preclinical application of new functional and molecular MR methods for information about tissue physiology and organ function in brain, heart and cancer research.
- Multi-functional and multi-modal nanoparticles for imaging and image guided drug delivery.
- Image guidance in regenerative medicine.