VIU8501 - MBSR-MBCT Teacher Training
Vurderingsordning: Prosjektarbeid og Oppgaver
Karakter: Bestått/Ikke bestått
The structure and content of the MBSR program
The structure and content of the MBCT program
Bodywork and gentle yoga
Research on mindfulness and mindfulness-based interventions
Mindfulness and emotions
Aspects of pedagogy in an MBSR/MBCT course
The teacher-student relationship
The code of ethics
How does an MBSR/MBCT teacher take care of his/her own well-being
The candidate has advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- The theoretical, philosophical and pedagogical foundations of MBSR/MBCT
- The relationship between mindfulness and Communication, Perception and stress, Emotions, Chronic pain, Self-care and compassion
- The role of the MBSR/MBCT teacher
The candidate knows the exercises specific to MBSR/MBCT and the similarities and differences between the two programs.
- The candidate can create learning materials used in MBSR/MBCT
- The candidate can identify potential participants that are suited to take part in MBSR/MBCT and those that are not suited
- The candidate can carry out a MBSR/MBCT course professionally and ethically
- The candidate is able to work with course participants¿ questions and difficulties
- The candidate can ensure his/her own well-being
- The candidate can reflect on her/his own work and adjust this through the mentoring process.
- The candidate is able to review scientific research on MBSR/MBCT.
- The candidate has knowledge of professional and ethical issues and is able to initiate professional and ethical discussions related to mindfulness
- The candidate can apply their knowledge and skills in new areas
- The candidate can communicate independent work both in writing, verbally and through other appropriate forms of expression
- The candidate can communicate about relevant professional issues
- The candidate can contribute to innovation.
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
peer mentoring in groups
Mandatory coursework requirements:
Students will continuously document their own work through participation in a discussion forum on the web-based learning platform Fronter. All posts will be accessible to the rest of the class within Fronter. Posts may be written in Norwegian or English. A list of hand-in deadlines with be given out at the first module.
A minimum of 20 discussion posts;
A learning and development post (min 400 words)
An autobiography post (min 600 words)
Six module posts (min 200 words)
Six literature posts (min 200 words)
Six practicum posts (min 200 words)
In addition each student will submit eight written reflections, one for each week of the eight-week course and the day of mindfulness, to their mentor two days prior to mentoring. Each reflection should be between 500-600 words.
Mer om vurdering
a) A digital copy of a thesis in English between 4000-5000 words (including signed confirmation of completed mentoring sessions and in addition, when required, of the meditation guidance sessions and/or yoga training).
b) Digital audio recordings of the Body Scan, Sitting Meditation and Mindful ?Bodywork/Yoga given to participants in her own course.
c) A digital copy of the student handbook given to participants in his/her own eight-week MBSR course. Each of the three parts of the exam must be evaluated to a grade of pass in order to pass the course
Must be completed within one year of the original exam. That is, all work must be completed within two and a half years after starting the course.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Further Education Programme in MBSR-MBCT Teacher Training (VNÆR2)
Videreutdanning i oppmerksomt nærvær or equivalent
Brach, T. (2003)Radical Acceptance
Chodron, P. (2005)When Things Fall Apart
Crane, R. (2009)Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy: Distinctive Features
Gunaratana, B. H. (2011)Mindfulness in Plain English Kabat-Zinn, J. (2004) Wherever You Go There You Are
Kabat-Zinn, J. (2005) GuidedMindfulness Meditation Series 1 Audio CD
Kabat-Zinn, J. (2013)Full Catastrophe Living
Lehrhaupt, L., P. Meibert (2015)Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: The MBSR Program for Enhancing Health and Vitality
Santorelli, S. (2000) Heal Thyself
Segal, Z., M. Williams, J. Teasdale (2012) Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression,Second Edition.
Teasdale, J., M. Williams, Z. Segal, J. Kabat-Zinn (2007) The Mindful Way Through Depression
Williams, M., J. Kabat-Zinn (Eds.) (2013)Mindfulness: Diverse Perspectives on its Meaning, Origins and Applications
Williams, M. (2013) Mindfulness Meditation with Mark William: Guided Meditation for Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (audio)
Williams, M., D. Penman (2011)Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World
Other teaching materials and Audio CDs will either be distributed during the training sessions or made available for download on an online server.
Vurderingsordning: Prosjektarbeid og Oppgaver
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato.