Emne - Master's Thesis in Music, Communication and Technology - MCT4090
MCT4090 - Master's Thesis in Music, Communication and Technology
The Master's thesis is a research-based academic report based on individual research in the area of music, communication and technology. The topic of the thesis may be chosen by the student alone, in collaboration with the supervisor, or together with an industrial partner. In any case, the topic must represent a challenge within the topical areas of the MCT programme and be approved by the supervisor. It is required that the student adheres to research ethical practices, and that the project relates to and contributes to the existing research literature. The project can include practical elements, but the thesis must also include a literature review, theoretical discussion, methodological reflection and aesthetic evaluation.
Having completed the course the student will:
- have acquired in-depth, expert knowledge in their field of research.
- be familiar with planning and conducting research, finding and working with various kinds of sources and presenting their research findings in a scholarly manner.
- be able to conduct independent and original research.
- be able to collect and critically interpret relevant empirical data and apply appropriate theoretical and/or conceptual frameworks.
- be capable of designing and operationalizing a research proposal.
- have developed excellent academic writing, argumentative and presentation skills.
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
The course consists of:
- thesis seminars during which all students will present their own project and be an opponent to two of the other students projects.
- the thesis project, preferably carried out in connection to an external partner and with a supervisor from one or both universities. Please see link for the numbers of hours of supervision eligible for your masters thesis https://innsida.ntnu.no/wiki/-/wiki/Norsk/Masteravtale+HF
- Tilfredsstillende deltagelse i obligatorisk undervisning
Mer om vurdering
- Master thesis agreement, signed by the student and the supervisor.
- The student must continuously be able to present the project status to the supervisor and demonstrate that the project can be completed according to the current project plan or, alternatively, adjust the plan accordingly to ensure a successful outcome.
- Present the thesis project in a thesis seminar with opposition from two other students.
- Be an opponent for two other thesis projects in a thesis seminar.
Vurderingsmelding krever godkjent undervisningsmelding samme semester. Obligatorisk aktivitet fra tidligere semester kan godkjennes av instituttet.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Music, Communication and Technology (MMCT)
Admission to the masters programme Music, Communication and Technology, and passing grades in the compulsory courses in MCT.
Studiepoeng: 30.0 SP
Studienivå: Høyere grads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: VÅR 2021
- Termin Statuskode Vurderings-form Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Digital eksamen Rom *
- Vår ORD Oppgave 100/100 INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"