Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Born September 18, 1951, Norwegian.
Professor in reservoir engineering, NTNU. Siv.ing.( 1975, NTH) and Dr.ing.(1983,NTH) both in petroleum technology /reservoir engineering.
Experience: 40 years of experience in reservoir engineering research and teaching. The research has been laboratory based investigations on oil recovery processes including low salinity flooding, heavy oil recovery techniques, chemical methods (including microbial methods and methods using nanofluids), secondary and tertiary gas injection. Has started several companies together with colleagues ( ResLab (now Weatherford Labs), GeoProbing Technology and Deep Sea Anchors).
Academic and professional committees: Presently member of 7 international technical and review committees on reservoir engineering / EOR.
Doctoral student supervision: 22 PhD graduates (in reservoir engineering) are supervised and presently 3 PhD candidates are supervised towards a graduation in 2019-2020.
Experimental reservoir engineering (routine and special core analysis), Evaluation of fractured reservoirs, Enhanced oil recovery methods, Wettability, Pore scale experimental studies of fluid distrtibution and flow.
Geomechanics and Flow in Porous Media, Unconventional Oil and Gas Reservoirs, Fractured Reservoirs
- Microscopical characteristics of two phase flow in porous media: PostDoc; Hamid Hosseinzade Khanamiri
- Nanofluids for enhanced oil recovery: PhD-candidates: Alberto Bila
- Nanocellulose for EOR: PhD-candidate Reidun Cecilie Grønfur Aadland
- Nanostabilized gel for water diversion: PhD-candidate Bahador Najafiazar
- Nanostabilized gel for water diversion: PostDoc Ashkan Jahanbani Ghahfarokhi
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) High-Temperature Core Flood Investigation of Nanocellulose as a Green Additive for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Nanomaterials. vol. 9 (665).
- (2019) Experimental Investigation of Polymer-Coated Silica Nanoparticles for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Nanomaterials. vol. 9 (822).
- (2019) Simulation study of surfactant injection in a fractured core. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. vol. 9 (4).
- (2019) The Impact of Nanoparticle Adsorption on Transport and Wettability Alteration in Water-Wet Berea Sandstone: An Experimental Study. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7 (74).
- (2019) Polymer Gels Made with Functionalized Organo-Silica Nanomaterials for Conformance Control. Energies. vol. 12 (19).
- (2018) Identification of Nanocellulose Retention Characteristics in Porous Media. Nanomaterials. vol. 8 (7).
- (2018) Description of Free Energy for Immiscible Two‐Fluid Flow in Porous Media by Integral Geometry and Thermodynamics. Water Resources Research. vol. 54 (11).
- (2018) Fluid Topology in Pore Scale Two‐Phase Flow Imaged by Synchrotron X‐ray Microtomography. Water Resources Research. vol. 54 (3).
- (2018) Qualitative and quantitative experimental study of convective mixing process during storage of CO2 in heterogeneous saline aquifers. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 71.
- (2018) Atomistic insights into the nanofluid transport through an ultra-confined capillary. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20 (7).
- (2017) Qualitative and quantitative experimental study of convective mixing process during storage of CO2 in homogeneous saline aquifers. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 66.
- (2016) EOR by Low Salinity Water and Surfactant at Low Concentration: Impact of Injection and in Situ Brine Composition. Energy & Fuels. vol. 30 (4).
- (2016) Low-Salinity-Surfactant Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) with a New Surfactant Blend: Effect of Calcium Cations. Energy & Fuels. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Effect of calcium in pore scale oil trapping by low-salinity water and surfactant enhanced oil recovery at strongly water-wet conditions: in situ imaging by X-ray microtomography. Energy & Fuels. vol. 30 (10).
- (2016) Case Study: Performance Prediction of a Horizontal Well in a Fractured Reservoir. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. vol. 40 (2).
- (2016) Experimental investigation and comparison of thermal processes: SAGD, E-SAGD and SAS. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. vol. 31 (2).
- (2016) EOR Potential of Mixed Alkylbenzenesulfonate Surfactant at Low Salinity and the Effect of Calcium on "optimal Ionic Strength". Energy & Fuels. vol. 30 (4).
- (2015) A Stabilizer that Enhances the Oil Recovery Process Using Silica-Based Nanofluids. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 108 (3).
- (2015) A study of water chemistry extends the benefits of using silica-based nanoparticles on enhanced oil recovery. Applied Nanoscience.
- (2015) Metal oxide-based nanoparticles: revealing their potential to enhance oil recovery in different wettability systems. Applied Nanoscience. vol. 5 (2).