Finn Arve Aagesen
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Professor Emeritus at Department of Information Security and Communication Technology at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Research background and interests
My research goes back to my MSc.thesis on routing algorithms for packet switched networks in 1972. After a Ph.D. period related to telephone subscriber traffic models and model parameter estimation by measurements, I participated in the Packet Satellite Program part of ARPAs Internet activities doing simulations and measurements on the CPODA protocol in the period 1977-79.
My recent research topic was “Adaptable Service Systems” with focus on capability-related adaptation. Capability-related adaptation is related to shortage of capabilities with appropriate logical functionality or overload or failure of capabilities leading to reduced performance.The research has been related to TAPAS architecture and platform (TAPAS = Telematics Architecture for Play-based Adaptable Systems).
Ph.D students graduated as a part of TAPAS project are Mazen Shia Malek, Shanshan Jiang, Paramai Supadulchai and Patcharee Thongtra. The final Ph.D. student Kornschnok (Peach) Dittawit graduated in 2016 with topic “Smart Grid Adaptable Home Energy Systems”.
TTM 4105: Access and Transport Networks
- Athletics, nature sensations, cottage at Kvikne. Previous owner of the Gordon Setter "Syrah" (2/6-1991 - 3/3-2005)
- Wine and food: Former president of Trondheim Wine Society "Ganymedes", Member of Trøndersk Vinforumand Norwegian Organoleptic Society.
Favorite wine style are the flor wines from Jura, Tokay and Jerez. However high quality reductive red and white wines from France, Spain, Italy and Portugal are also swallowed. Please try: Cod accompanied by high quality White Burgundy, "Fois Gras" by Szamorodny or Vin Jaune, and Nut Cake and/or Cloud Berries by Tokay Aszu 5 Puttonios.
- Thailand with its Tom Kha Khai, Gong Tod Gratiem and Kaov Niaw Mamuang or expressed in Thai: ผมชอบประเทศไทยที่มีอาหารอร่อยมากที่สุดในโลก เช่นว่า ต้มข่าไก่ กุ้งทอดกระเทียม และ ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วงเป็นต้น
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2015) Home energy management system for electricity cost savings and comfort preservation. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics-Berlin. vol. 2015-February (February).
- (2014) Demand Side Focused Simulation Platform for the Evaluation of Demand Side Management Approaches. IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe.
- (2013) Architecture and Functional Framework for Home Energy Management Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 8115.
- (2012) On capability-related adaptation in networked service systems. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications. vol. 4 (4).
- (2012) OWL-based node capability parameter configuration. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 7479.
- (2009) A Self-organizing Service Discovery System Based on Semantic Overlay Networks. International Transactions on Systems Science and Applications. vol. 5 (3).
- (2007) A Self-organizing Service Discovery System Based on Semantic Overlay Networks. System and Information Sciences Notes. vol. 1 (3).
- (2007) Towards Policy-Supported Adaptable Service Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 1 (1).
- (2006) An Approach to Integrated Semantic Service Discovery. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 4195.
- (2005) Formal Modelling of an Adaptable Service System. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing.
- (2005) Autonomic Service Configuration by a Combined State Machine and Reasoning Engine Based Actor. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing.
- (2005) Automatic translation of service specification to a behavioral type language for dynamic service verification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 3475.
- (1997) QoS frameworks for open distributed processing systems. Telektronikk. vol. 93 (1).
- (1995) Architectures for the modelling of QoS functionality. Telektronikk. vol. 91 (2/3).
- (2010) Networked Services and Applications - Engineering, Control and Management. Springer. 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-13970-3. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (6164).
- (2010) Networked services and applications : 16th EUNICE/IFIP WG 6.6 Workshop, EUNICE 2010, Trondheim, Norway, June 28-30, 2010 : proceedings. Springer. 2010. ISBN 978-3-642-13970-3. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (6164).
- (2004) Intelligence in Communication Systems: IFIP International Conference, INTELLCOMM 2004, Bangkok, thailand, November 23-26, 2004. Proceedings. 2004. ISBN 3-540-23893-X. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (3283).
- (2002) EUNICE'2002. 2002. ISBN 82-993980-5-3.
- (1999) Norsk informatikkonferanse, NIK'99. 1999. ISBN 82-519-1556-2.
- (1999) Norsk Informatikkonferanse NIK'99. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 1999. ISBN 8251915562.