Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I joined the MR cancer group in 2011 as a PhD student in Medical Technology. After defending my thesis “Multi-modal Imaging of Tumour Vasculature and Treatment Response in Preclinical Cancer Models.” in 2015, I stayed in the group and am now working as a Postdoctoral researcher.
My research focuses on using medical imaging techniques to better understand the characteristics of cancer and tumour vascularisation and to characterize the effects of tumour treatment.
I have mainly used multi-parametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) as a tool for non-invasive cancer detection and treatment monitoring. Among those methods are dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI, diffusion weighted (DW) MRI and susceptibility contrast MRI. Apart from MRI am also using other imaging modalities such as high resolution micro-CT and histology, that can complement or support the MRI data.
I received my Master’s degree in Medical Physics from the Martin-Luther University in Halle (Saale), Germany. I performed the research for my Master’s thesis at the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA. The thesis was titled “Multi-scale imaging of Angiogenesis in a Breast Cancer Model”.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Cancer cachexia associates with a systemic autophagy-inducing activity mimicked by cancer cell-derived IL-6 trans-signaling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) Anti-angiogenic therapy affects the relationship between tumor vascular structure and function: a correlation study between micro-CT angiography and DCE-MRI. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine.
- (2016) Anti-vascular effects of the cytosolic phospholipase A2 inhibitor AVX235 in a patient-derived basal-like breast cancer model. BMC Cancer. vol. 16:191.
- (2015) MRI Reveals the in Vivo Cellular and Vascular Response to BEZ235 in Ovarian Cancer Xenografts with Different PI3-Kinase Pathway Activity. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 112 (3).
- (2014) Multiscale and multi-modality visualization of angiogenesis in a human breast cancer model. Angiogenesis. vol. 17 (3).
- (2014) Periodicity in tumor vasculature targeting kinetics of ligand-functionalized nanoparticles studied by dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and intravital microscopy. Angiogenesis. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) Assessing breast cancer angiogenesis in vivo: Which susceptibility contrast MRI biomarkers are relevant?. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 70 (4).
- (2012) Multiscale Imaging and Computational Modeling of Blood Flow in the Tumor Vasculature. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. vol. 40 (11).
- (2015) Multi-modal Imaging of Tumor Vasculature and Treatment Response in Preclinical Cancer Models. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-1005-1.