Write your thesis in collaboration with a regional organisation
Trondheimsregionen covers expenses up to 4000 NOK for students having academic collaboration in the Trondheim region
As a student, you can apply for a travel scholarship if you will be writing your thesis (project assignment, bachelor's or master's thesis) in collaboration with a regional organization. It can be a company, organisation, or a public institution such as the municipality, county authority or federal government. You can apply for a scholarship of up to NOK 4000. This covers documented costs relating to transportation, accommodation, the rental of laboratories, etc. The goal of the scholarship is to strengthen collaboration between NTNU in Trondheim and industry/public institutions in the region. The travel scholarship is is granted on a continuous basis until the funds are used up.
Criteria for receiving funding
- The student must be writing a project assignment, bachelor's or master's thesis at NTNU
- The student must be collaborating with an organization from the Trondheim Region (outside of the Trondheim municipality), in one of the following municipalities: Skaun, Orkdal, Melhus, Klæbu, Stjørdal, Indre Fosen, Midtre Gauldal or Malvik
The funds are earmarked for
- Travel costs (transportation, food and accommodation) directly related to the project
- Other operational expenditures directly related to the project (costs related to lab rental, research, etc.)
The funds are transferred after the project is completed, and we have recieved the proper documentation. All expenses have to be documented with original receipts.
How to apply
- Find an organisation you wish to collaborate with (from one of the applicable regions)
- Confirm with your supervisor that the collaboration will fulfil all relevant academic criteria
- Apply for funding: Application for travel scholarship (Norwegian)
- Send the completed application to NTNU Bridge - see contact (below)
- Submit a report after the assignment is completed - see funding report (below)
Funding report includes
- A link to the finished thesis or project report, alternately a copy of the thesis' title page and summary
- Itemized list of the project costs, including original copies of all relevant receipts
- Use of private car will be recompesated according to state rates. A document must be signed by the employer.
The report must be sent to NTNU Bridge. If accepted you'll be handed a payment form that must be filled out before you recieve the funds.
Application, funding report and any questions are preferably submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alteratively, use our mailing adress:
NTNU Bridge v/ Simon Lie
Avdeling for studenttjenester
Kolbjørn Hejes vei 4
Other funding schemes
Regional funding schemes
- Trøndelag (outside Trondheim region)
Trøndelag county covers up to NOK 6,000 in student expenses through Distriktsforsk. The funding is administered by the innovation companies in Trøndelag.
Funding for students participating in innovation projects or writing theses for a companies in Rogaland. The company applies for funding of student projects.
Mobility funds can be used for students who write bachelor's or master's theses or have supervised professional training in a company.
- Other regions
On the website of the Research Council you find an overview of which counties offer funding for student mobility in a company.
Financing for studies abroad
When you submit the application for permission to study abroad, you also apply for the scholarship programs administered by the Office of International Relations (NTNU stipend, Erasmus, DNV). Students might also be eligible for funding from the State Educational Loan Fund.
Other scholarships for students at NTNU
Here you find an overview of funds and endowments earmarked students at NTNU.
Scholarships are announced February 1., application deadline March 1.