Call for Papers - BCRRA 2021
Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts
- Abstracts and papers should be in English which is the official language of the Confer-ence.
- The abstract text should not exceed 300 words.
- Author names and affiliation must be included.
- Abstracts that correspond with the conference themes should be submitted before 1 April 2021 (extended).
Submit your abstract via the presenters portal (See bottom of page)
Background and Scope
The main objective for the BCRRA conference is to promote efficient design, construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure by addressing issues related to bearing capacity problems of roads, railways and airfields.
Bearing capacity issues are continuously changing as traffic volumes and weights increase, new materials and methods are developed, and new aspects of design and material utilization are brought into focus. In this context there is an increasing need for a forum where experts in this field, from all over the world, can exchange views and experiences, and discuss new concepts and innovative solutions. The BCRRA conference aims to provide such a forum.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Policies on the bearing capacity of roads, rail-ways and airfields
- Measurement of traffic loading
- In-situ measurements and condition surveys
- Modelling and methods of functional testing
- Evaluation of deflection measurements
- Structural evaluation and performance predic-tion for pavements and tracks
- Structural design systems for new construc-tion and rehabilitation
- Design for bearing capacity in frost affected areas
- Drainage and environmental effects
- Reinforcement of structural layers
- Utilization of traditional and recycled materials
- Full scale testing; HVS, LTPP, etc.
- Case histories of roads, railways and airfields
- Effects of climate changes
Abstracts and papers will be subjected to a thorough review process by leading scientists in the field. Only good quality papers will be accepted.
The accepted papers will be published in an on-line open acces conference proceeding in co-operation with academic publisher.
The accepted papers has to be presented at the conference by one of the authors. All papers will be presented in oral sessions.
Ethics and malpractice
Submit your abstract via the BCRAA Presenters Portal:
Contact BCRRA: firstname.lastname@example.org