About - BCRRA 2021
Background and Scope
The main objective for the BCRRA conference is to promote efficient design, construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure by addressing issues related to bearing capacity problems of roads, railways and airfields.
Bearing capacity issues are continuously changing as traffic volumes and weights increase, new materials and methods are developed, and new aspects of design and material utilization are brought into focus. In this context there is an increasing need for a forum where experts in this field, from all over the world, can exchange views and experiences, and discuss new concepts and innovative solutions. The BCRRA conference aims to provide such a forum.
BCRRA 2021 Conference themes
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Policies on the bearing capacity of roads, rail-ways and airfields
- Measurement of traffic loading
- In-situ measurements and condition surveys
- Modelling and methods of functional testing
- Evaluation of deflection measurements
- Structural evaluation and performance predic-tion for pavements and tracks
- Structural design systems for new construc-tion and rehabilitation
- Design for bearing capacity in frost affected areas
- Drainage and environmental effects
- Reinforcement of structural layers
- Utilization of traditional and recycled materials
- Full scale testing; HVS, LTPP, etc.
- Case histories of roads, railways and airfields
- Effects of climate changes