English - HelsIT - Helsit
HelsIT is an annual conference on health informatics. It is hosted by NTNU and will be held at the Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, 20.-21. October. We welcome you to Norway’s most important meeting ground for sharing knowledge and experience on the use of IT-systems in the healthcare sector.
HelsIT promotes critical reflection in the healthcare sector. Here, professionals from universities, the IT industry, public administration, and from the primary and specialist health services, meet for paper presentations, keynote speeches and panel discussions. A new segment for this year’s conference is the combined Connectathon and Innovation Workshop: an Innovathon for creative software solutions. We also offer an outstanding artistic experience together with a social dinner on Wednesday evening.
Call for Papers
Experience, Evidence, and Experimentation are important in order to develop and choose the best IT solutions, and to use IT in developing and delivering the best possible health care. Together, they form this year’s theme:
Topics & Categories
We have extended the deadline for submissions of abstracts to the 26. of June and hereby call for contributions that give new knowledge within, but not limited to, the following topics:
- experience with implementation, development, and evaluation of clinical systems
- examples of lessons learned: mistakes, casuistics, and “what if”-analyses
- experimental development of software systems
- innovation and user-centered product development
- secondary use of healthcare data for precision medicine and evidence-based care
- advanced analysis and visualization for register-based research
- evidence-based and example-based shared-decision making and decision support
- innovative IT-based services
- advanced IT and semantic web
Submitted proposals have to be within one of the following three categories:
- A conference paper presentation, with included abstract (1000-2000 characters).
- A conference paper presentation, with included abstract (1000-2000 characters) and article (10 pages, through use of our template) in our open-access annals, published by NTNU.
- An innovation contribution, with included summary and participation in our “innovathon” during HelsIT 2015.
All abstracts (1-3) will be subject to blind peer review and evaluated by the program committee according to: novelty, academic level, quality of methods and relevance for the conference’s theme. Authors who are accepted for the second category (paper presentation and article), should send the finished article for peer review before possible publication in the “HelsIT - Annals of health informatics”.
Articles must be original and not in review for other publication channels. Accepted presentations must be presented by an author registered for the conference. One person per accepted contributions will receive free access (includes dinner and lunch) for the duration of the conference. Contributions and papers may be presented in a Scandinavian language, or in English.
HelsIT is restrictive with regards to commercial products or services from providers, organisations, or companies. Contributions that discuss named products or services are still welcome if they match the main criteria of the conference (novelty, academic level, quality of methods and relevance for the conference’s theme), and as long as they do not appear as marketing for the product in question, but instead contribute with experiences from the application of it. Contributions that discuss named products or services should have a main author and presenter without commercial affiliation to said product or service. Any such affiliation has to be reported in the abstract.
Awards for the best conference paper and the best innovation will be awarded during our concluding plenary session.
- June 26.: Deadline for sending abstracts for conference paper presentations.
NB! This is the extended date for submissions.
- June 26.: Response from the program committee.
- Aug. 15.: Article draft deadline for "HelsIT - Annals of health informatics".
- Sept. 15.: Response from the program committee on article draft.
- Oct. 01.: Submission of article ready for print.
- Oct. 15.: Finished conference presentation in electronic format.
Contributions are to be submitted via the conference system EasyChair:
(A user account is required in order to send your abstract under the “New submission”-banner. It is possible to create a new account if you do not already have one).
The program committee for HelsIT 2015
- Øystein Nytrø, NTNU (committee leader)
- Arild Faxvaag, NTNU
- Anders Grimsmo, Norwegian Health Network
- Håkon Haaheim, Norwegian Patient Registry, the Norwegian Directorate of Health
- Liv Karen Johannessen, DIPS ASA
- Gunnar Klein, NTNU
- Lillian Røstad, Difi, NTNU
- Hildegun Tryggestad, Konik AS
<span style="font-size:0.7em">Arranged by:</span>
Questions regarding registration can be addressed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: +47 73590047