The D8 Focus is designed to be a high throughput instrument and takes the role as a lab workhorse, with the capacity to collect tens of datasets per day: On well crystallised samples it is possible to assess sample purity with a scan of just a few minutes and to perform quantitative Rietveld analysis on data collected for less than an hour.
- Bragg-Brentano geometry
- θ–2θ operating mode
- Cu Kα radiation
- 9 position sample changer
- 2.5° primary and secondary Soller slits
- LynxEye™ SuperSpeed Detector
Well suited for:
- Booking system - useful if you wish to measure your samples straight after production etc.
Not so good for:
- Samples containing cobalt (due to fluorescence). Then the Da Vinci 1 is recommended since its detector has better energy discrimination.
Photo: Julian Tolchard
Before you begin
- Contact equipment responsible: Kristin Høydalsvik Wells, email@example.com, room K2-122
- Equipment may not be used without training.
- Access to the lab will be given after training.