This page is under construction, you can find more info here: http://folk.ntnu.no/yingday/
Some free open-source software for processing and indexing of electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) patterns
Apart from just plotting patterns from a NORDIF data set (Pattern.dat) in KikuchiPy, these softwares are for more experienced users. You should be familiar with the commercial EDAX TSL Data Collection and EDAX TSL OIM Analysis softwares before using EMsoft or AstroEBSD.
- EMsoft: a suite of command-line programs for processing and dictionary indexing of patterns
- KikuchiPy: processing of patterns in Python
- AstroEBSD: Hough indexing of patterns in Matlab
Useful resources for crystallography
E.g. as input to crystal structure calculations when simulating dynamical EBSD patterns with EMsoft. Remember to always cite the source of the crystal structure data you use (i.e. paper, not web site).
American Mineralogist Crystal Structure Database: http://rruff.geo.arizona.edu/AMS/amcsd.php
- Springer Materials: https://materials.springer.com/
- Crystallographic Space Group Diagrams and Tables: http://img.chem.ucl.ac.uk/sgp/mainmenu.htm
- Lattice Constants of the Elements: https://periodictable.com/Properties/A/LatticeConstants.html
- Wyckoff Positions of Space Groups: http://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-wp-list