Bruker D8 A25 DaVinci X-ray Diffractometer with Mo radiation and focussing mirror optics. LynxEye™ SuperSpeed Detector. Used for non-standard set-ups.
Well suited for:
- Determination of precise crystal lattice parameters
- Detailed analysis of materials with known or partially known structures (lattice parameters, bond lengths and angles, thermal parameters)
- Completion of partially solved structures
- Elimination of preferred orientation
- Suppression of fluorescence from Co, Mn and Fe based samples thanks to Mo radiation
- Pair distribution functions (total scattering analysis)
- Absorbing samples in transmission
- In situ studies of solid/gas reactions in flow cell
- In situ studies on batteries
Not so good for:
- High d-spacing materials (e.g. large pore zeolites, MOFs)- the low angle peaks may be missed due to the short wavelength.
- Capillary spinner (mounted most of the time)
- Transmission sample holder stage
- Standard sample stage
- Heat blower for capillary stage
- Flipstick 9 position sample changer (to come)
- Automated XYZ stage (to come)
- Possibility to mount furnace (in future)
Photo: Kristin Høydalsvik Wells
Typically 3-155 degrees 2θ (0.46 Å-1 < Q < 17.3 Å-1, 13.6 Å > d > 0.36 Å)
Before you begin:
Equipment may not be used withoutXRD-lab info.. See
Booking the instrument
Use the booking system.
In-situ experiments, custom build
- Contact lab responsible.