- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
In conjunction with 13thACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2019) , 16-20 September 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark
Presentation files are available on the workshop program page.
We are happy to announce our keynote speaker Prof. Dr. Natali Helberger and her keynote speech on "Democracy, Diversity and Design - Sharing experiences from an interdisciplinary project.".
A dynamic flow of unstructured, fragmentary, and potentially unreliable stories characterises the news landscape. Quickly finding relevant information challenges readers, who rely on tools to filter the stream of news. The spread of increasing concerns about disinformation coupled with privacy violations necessitates improving news recommender systems.
This workshop primarily addresses news recommender systems and analytics. The news ecosystem engulfs a variety of actors including publishers, journalists, and readers. The news may originate in large media companies or digital social networks. INRA aims to connect researchers, media companies, and practitioners to exchange ideas about creating and maintaining a reliable and sustainable environment for digital news production and consumption.
In this year’s edition, we mainly focus on three categories: News recommendation, news analytics, and ethical aspects of news recommendation.
Topics of interests for this workshop include but are not limited to:
• News Recommendation
– Innovative algorithms for news recommendation
– News context modelling
– Big data technologies for news streams
– Practical applications
• News Analytics
– News semantics and ontologies
– News summarisation, classification, and sentiment analysis
– Large-scale news mining and analytics
– News evolution and trends
– News from social media
• Ethical Aspects of News Recommendation
– Detection and analysis of fake news and disinformation
– News diversity and filter bubbles
– Privacy and security in news recommender systems
– Spread mechanisms of disinformation