How to use the booking system ("
BookitLab") for D8
Creating a booking on the D8-Focus on Monday 25th April, from 10-12. Current time is Wednesday 20th April.
- Log in to the booking system, and finding the relevant calendar and date, and click-and-drag on the slot starting at 10:00 such that the indicated time stretches from 10:00 to 12:00
- Edit relevant fields in the reservation:
- Check that the time and date is correct
- Choose repetition of the reservation if relevant
- Write a title for your reservation (optional)
- Write a description of your experiment (optional)
- Write your project number (mandatory)
- Invoice: Choose “Regular projects (Bidrag)” or “Commissioned projects (Oppdrag)”
- Choose your organisation (NTNU, Sintef, other)
- Choose your department. If your department does not appear in the list, please tick “other (please specify in the neighbouring field)”, and type your department name in the box labelled “Department, other”
- If you want to use the instrument together with your colleague, you can add him/her as a participant or invitee (optional).
- Write information about your sample (optional, but recommended)
- Leave the “Instrument details” and “sample position” blank for now, since you don’t yet know these details at the time you first make the reservation. These fields can be filled in (recommended!) at the time you come to start your experiments (just be careful to do it before your booked time starts, otherwise you will not be able to edit your reservation any longer).
- Click “create”
The reservation is now made:
If you click on this reservation, you can edit it until the start of the reserved time.
You can add the reservation to your calendar: Click on your reservation and choose “Add to calendar”
Log on to bookitlab (https://core.bookitlab.com/ntnu/) using your NTNU feide user account and go to home. If you do not have a feide account, please contanct the lab responsible.
First: Make sure you have added the IMA – XRD-lab in your filter at the top right corner of the screen.
Click on Instruments and then Timeline in the menu to the left.
Find the D8 Focus – X-ray Diffractometer instrument in the list and click somewhere on the timeline.
Fill in the New Reservation form using the following steps:
- Start and end time of the reservation. The end time should be after your measurements are done.
- Change the user and project name is the auto filled data is not correct.
- Choose the sample holder type, example: normal, Si-cavity – 10mm, etc. (Mandatory)
- You can add any remarks for the engineer in the remarks box (Voluntary)
- You can add any notes to yourself in the reservation note box (Voluntary)
- When you are done click create reservation.
Note: If you press the calculate credit button it will show how much the reservation will cost.
IMPORTANT: The first time you book the instrument the status will be pending, as the engineer need to check that you have had the correct training. You cannot use the instrument until the status have been changes to Approved.
It you get an error message saying that you are missing the prerequisite New user training – XRD please contact the lab responsible and we will add you to the list.