- Fourier-Transformed Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) can be used to measure the types and environment of atoms/molecules/chemical bonds in a sample through the interaction of electromagnetic radiation with the vibrational modes of molecules.
- Only vibrational modes that are associated with a change in dipole moment are IR active.
Before you begin
Equipment may not be used without training
- Equipment must be booked through the booking system of the department (see link below)
- Contact apparatus responsible: Magnus B. Følstad
- Contact room responsible for access: Kristin Høydalsvik